Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do all Avis Cars have 25K+ Miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:08 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Preferred Plus got me a beat to pieces and dirty Hyundai Sonata with 42,209 miles on it this morning. One of the few times I've pulled out an alcohol wipe to sterilize the steering wheel/control buttons.

Mercy!
seawolf likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
It should be almost 100% possible to avoid such cars if you use the app (airport locations).

I routinely get assigned high mileage vehicles, but can usually find some under 10k or close to switch too that are in a similar category.

Rasheed
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I’m elite with Avis/Hertz/National. Avis P+ due to MC status match. Rented with Avis 5 times and all 5 times were vehicles with more than 29K+. Today’s vehicle was 37K and a steering wheel that feels sticky. Had to drive by holding the honk. Avis have been consistently high mileage and consistently no upgrade (not even one class) despite one class higher cars being available and bookable at pickup.

It’s rare to see a vehicle in the Executive aisles with more than 15K miles at National. Hertz vehicles mileage’s have been more than National but less than Avis.
m907 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
I’m elite with Avis/Hertz/National. Avis P+ due to MC status match. Rented with Avis 5 times and all 5 times were vehicles with more than 29K+. Today’s vehicle was 37K and a steering wheel that feels sticky. Had to drive by holding the honk. Avis have been consistently high mileage and consistently no upgrade (not even one class) despite one class higher cars being available and bookable at pickup.

It’s rare to see a vehicle in the Executive aisles with more than 15K miles at National. Hertz vehicles mileage’s have been more than National but less than Avis.

While I agree mostly ive gotten my fair share of high milage cars at National as well and low. Mileage with Avis. Even trims can be better at either.

Gotten high mileage BMW 3 series with Avis but I have also gotten low mileage ones like a Buick LaCrosse, Honda Civic and Lincoln continental. With national ive gotten high mileage cars like the infinti Q50 on multiple reservations and a Jeep which all had over 18k. The nissan Maxima Plat I have now had 7k on the clock when I got it
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: too many
It varies, lowest I've had was 9km, up to 120k km highest.

I think the average mileage of the cars I've received was around 7000km, but being based in Europe perhaps this is different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.