Wiki Posts
Search

What class is the Corolla?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2007, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
What class is the Corolla?

I did a search and also checked the Ultimate Car List sticky, but didn't find anything. I have been pretty lucky lately getting some kind of upgrade as Avis First, nothing great but usually at least a full size on my intermediate reservations. I got a Corolla yesterday, and am curious if it is an intermediate, or if I got a downgrade. The contract doesn't say, it is not the normal card stock, but a dot matrix printout with blanks where the car info goes, with the car ID and mileage out handwritten. The key tag does not indicate the class either.

I know Hertz classifies them as intermediate, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised if Avis does also, but I consider it a pretty lame intermediate, especially since it is a base CE model.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 9:22 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I'm not sure where the Corolla falls, but when you return your car you can check your online receipt/profile. It will show you what class of car you were given. I'll look forward to knowing what it is and to know if that's a car they're adding to the fleet or you got a one-off.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I'm not sure where the Corolla falls, but when you return your car you can check your online receipt/profile. It will show you what class of car you were given. I'll look forward to knowing what it is and to know if that's a car they're adding to the fleet or you got a one-off.
I'll check the receipt and report. I am in SC, but this one had GA plates. There was at least one other one, but it was an LE model. The one I got has 16k miles, so not a real new acquisition.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 9:22 am
Original Poster

The check in paperwork shows it as a C, so technically I got what I paid for and reserved. I still think it is a stretch to call it an intermediate, but Avis is not alone on this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.