Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Frequent Renter Tiers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2007, 7:26 am
Original Poster

New Frequent Renter Tiers

I emailed Avis about their frequent renter program and the required number of rentals to reach say Select status. The agent wrote me back and told me to call a number to find out. She said they are completely changing the whole program. Has anyone heard about it?
Old Mar 10, 2007, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Been discussed here, eg they're extending Charimans memberships much more broadly (those of us that had CHM under the old regime are nervous about devaluation in benefits, at least I am). But I haven't seen actual criteria or benefits of the new rollout.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 10:19 am

Programs: Plat Royal Ambassador/HH Gold/MR Silver/Meliá MAS/Ivory Flying Blue/Basic Eurobonus/Avis Preferred
Indeed they are changing the programme. I read an article on this last year in an UK mag called Buying Business Travel in which an Avis exec stated the programme would change to more defined tiers. It may change to the boring silver, gold etc tiers with accruement towards free rentals.
I think especially people who rent a little less than chairmans and what you got are going to be better off.
Sorry that is all I recall. I did not participate in this forum when I read this article
Old Mar 10, 2007, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National EE, Hertz PC
I would hate for Chairman's to be devalued. If that did indeed happen and new top level created and me not getting invited, I would switch back to Hertz.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I don't know that CHM will be something other than the real top level.... just my guess that much of the service comes from how rare CHM is... the impression that a CHM member must be special.

If there are tons of us, Avis CSRs won't see us as special and won't quite go that extra mile anymore.

Just a hunch.

On the other hand, making CHM procedures an every day thing may help at some stations that really don't know what to do with a CHM member. SMF comes to mind, especially.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 5:07 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
I really fear for my President's Club membership to be devauled if it can be reached by X amount of rentals. It is nice to be one step ahead of the general public.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.