Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chairman's Club Offer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2007, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
Thumbs up Chairman's Club Offer

I just received an offer by mail to join Charmain's Club for $250 for the introductory annual membership fee. This includes all traditional CC benefits plus a free one day weekend rental. With all the problems I have been having with getting upgrades as PS I am going for it. There is no website to enroll so I cannot forward any invitation requests to FT members. This is a personalized invitation, sorry. With over 50 rentals per year I am glad they finally are starting to recognize loyal customers. Now if they would have done it only for free!!!
Old Jan 28, 2007, 8:23 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Was this offer sent by AVIS? If so, isn't it sad that you have so many rentals and now they expect you to cash out $250 for them to give you better service?
Old Jan 28, 2007, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Also being discussed here starting at post #50. As a current CHM, I'm bracing for devaluation... But for those getting the offer, ^.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 8:55 pm

Programs: Former COA Silver; AVIS Chairmans Club; AOPA
Originally Posted by heffa
Was this offer sent by AVIS? If so, isn't it sad that you have so many rentals and now they expect you to cash out $250 for them to give you better service?
As mentioned by Gleff, we've been discussing the recent Chairman's Club mail offers in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=359906&page=4

But I feel that your "sad" feelings call for a comment in this thread. With my 60+ days of AVIS rentals per year, the $350 (in future years) membership fee adds $5.33 to each day's rental. And for that $5.33, I can reserve an inexpensive intermediate class car but drive off in an expensive luxury car (Cadillac or better). That alone is worth every penny --- not to mention the terminal pickup and return at LAX and other large airport locations that I frequent.

Last edited by N9MD; Jan 28, 2007 at 8:56 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 29, 2007, 1:38 am

I wonder how this has been targeted. We have rented ca. 60 days per year for the past 3-4 years, but that is broken down into only 3-4 rentals of 2-3 weeks each.

I'd certainly like to try Chairman's although I'm not certain if the benefits from our current PC status are worth the fee. We always pick up and drop off at MCO where there is no bus transportation required as Avis is located at the airport, an easy walk from the terminal, and we've been happy with our upgrades the last couple of rentals having reserved an intermediate.

Still it would be nice to have, particularly if PC is going to be devalued once they give out more CHM.

Susan
Old Jan 29, 2007, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
If you rent 60 days a year it is worth it for the service (provided that's not degraded too much with the influx of new CHM members) -- entirely independent of upgrades.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
Originally Posted by gleff
If you rent 60 days a year it is worth it for the service (provided that's not degraded too much with the influx of new CHM members) -- entirely independent of upgrades.
When I called the CC desk to enroll I inquired if they are ready to handle the new influx of members. The response was the CC has been in service for 20 years and all locations know how to handle the members. I got a feeling that this offer was sent to quite a few Avis customers. So hopefully the program won't be diluted from present benefits and that it won't cause lack of service due to growing number of CC members.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They may have procedures to handle CHM members. But service is an individually provided thing, not just a function of procedures. And I imagine the outstanding service I've gotten is really a function of Avis employees believing that CHM members were rare and important. If they start getting tons of CHM a day then it will become a mass program. And more CHM members mean more competition for the very best cars.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by gleff
They may have procedures to handle CHM members. But service is an individually provided thing, not just a function of procedures. And I imagine the outstanding service I've gotten is really a function of Avis employees believing that CHM members were rare and important. If they start getting tons of CHM a day then it will become a mass program. And more CHM members mean more competition for the very best cars.
my suspicion is that CHM members will STILL get the same level of service that they employ today, but in the future, the program will change and CHM will be diluted a bit and another level above CHM will emerge. Those who had CHM before this offer will proably be grandfathered into that new level.

At my location, Presidents Club Members got better service than at other locations. Heck I even seen employees spraying armor all on tires for PC members. Typically thats a CHM level thing.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 9:38 pm

Programs: Former COA Silver; AVIS Chairmans Club; AOPA
Chairman's Club

Regarding the targeting for this new offer for CC membership, might eligibility call for the AVIS user to be an officer in a corporate membership situation? I am the president of a corporation --- and my membership is listed in my corporation's name with my name attached --- and my credit card of record is American Express Corporate Platinum. Can anyone tell us if an offer has been forthcoming without a corporate connection?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by N9MD
Regarding the targeting for this new offer for CC membership, might eligibility call for the AVIS user to be an officer in a corporate membership situation? I am the president of a corporation --- and my membership is listed in my corporation's name with my name attached --- and my credit card of record is American Express Corporate Platinum. Can anyone tell us if an offer has been forthcoming without a corporate connection?
My husband received the CC invite this weekend. The envelope (sent to our home address) did reference his former employer (where he was a VP).
Old Jan 30, 2007, 7:32 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerwife
My husband received the CC invite this weekend. The envelope (sent to our home address) did reference his former employer (where he was a VP).
Maybe I have forgotten, but I cannot remember that there are somewhere in the profile title or position? Is there a hidden field somewhere? How would they know that someone is VP/CEO/CFO etc? Do they have a department googeling people's titles?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:01 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, EA
It would certainly be worth it to me!
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by heffa
Maybe I have forgotten, but I cannot remember that there are somewhere in the profile title or position? Is there a hidden field somewhere? How would they know that someone is VP/CEO/CFO etc? Do they have a department googeling people's titles?
The letter he got did not mention his title. It was simply addressed to Mr. Flyerwife, xxx Corporation, 123 Our Home Address, NY. Actually, the company info was quite dated as he left that firm over a year ago. I went into his Avis profile to see if there was any reference to an employer but there was not....so I guess it is quite possible that he got this offer because his name was in some database, and not due to rental history with Avis.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 12:54 pm

I read about this in Gary's blog and would move my 200+ rental days / year to Avis from Hertz if they were to offer it to me. I hate riding the bus to the terminal and wasting time filling up the gas. Not to mention, we dread the possibility of getting stuck with the Taurus, not that it happens often for me at Hertz now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.