Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Avis Car List (USA/Canada - List of Cars by Rental Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ultimate Avis Car List (USA/Canada - List of Cars by Rental Class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:27 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Has anyone seen any of the new Malibu's on Avis lots? It looks like a huge step forward in Chevy's lineup, but it's still a Chevy so I'll reserve any judgement until I drive it. I also wonder if it'll now be considered full size or still mid, since it's slightly longer and wider than the previous model.

It hit dealers' lots about 2 weeks ago, but with GM's recent reduction in sales to rental fleets, I wasn't sure if they would carry them or not.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Has anyone seen any of the new Malibu's on Avis lots? It looks like a huge step forward in Chevy's lineup, but it's still a Chevy so I'll reserve any judgement until I drive it. I also wonder if it'll now be considered full size or still mid, since it's slightly longer and wider than the previous model.

It hit dealers' lots about 2 weeks ago, but with GM's recent reduction in sales to rental fleets, I wasn't sure if they would carry them or not.
I have not seen them. Hopefully, this will improve Avis' fleet because right now I think it is pretty poor.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:52 am

EWR has Cadillac STS and Infinity FX35
Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:02 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I received the Hyundai Azera as an upgrade to full size at JFK. Very impressive car. Perhaps not quite up to the refined standards of a Lexus but certainly very comfortable, quiet and plenty of silky smooth power. ^

Most unusual feature was the power-operated rear window shade.
Yep, got one of those last year at IAH and have been trying to request one ever since. Every time I show up something else is always in the slot. One of the best US rentals I've ever had. I've been considering moving to one of those as a company car.... looks cost conscious and isn't a penalty box.

Got an Audi RS4 in Frankfurt week before last. Why can't Avis rent cars like that here??? It was so great I didn't even mind the cost to fill up... first time I've ever not minded having a station wagon.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:21 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Think I got screwed if I paid for an upgrade to a Dodge Charger from a Full Size ($10/day). Won't complain too much since the initial rate was a** cheap thru Priceline.

Hard to believe a Sonata and Taurus (<07) are Full-size... they're an Intermediate or Std. everywhere I've been.

I won't even start on the fact that my Charger had a pile of trash in the driver's footwell and reeked of smoke... didn't have time to stop and complain.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
2008 Ford Taurus X SEL

Rented a 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL over the weekend from IAD with one of my AVIS First free weekend cert. Quite a cool car, beside it's loosy 16 mpg I got out of it.

Car Group: X - Standard SUV
Old Dec 23, 2007, 10:18 pm

2008 Kia Rio sub-compact at DTW

While it gets good gas mileage that's about the only thing you can say about this car. It's very basic: manual locks, manual windows, manual mirrors, no cruise control. They really went cheap on it and as the one I got only had 5 miles on it apparently this trend will continue for the forseeable future.

They did have a Chevy Aveo parked next to it which is also in the sub-compact class (and which I was offered and should really have exchanged the Kia for) which offered power windows, locks, mirrors (not sure about the cruise control).
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:34 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1P SPG Gold
VW Rabbit

Yes, in Altamonte Springs, FL which is very close to Orlando!!

I was surprised but thrilled, such a sweet car for an intermediate.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 9:32 am

Mercury Milan

I got a really decked out Mercury Milan in Miami with the new MS Sync system, Sirius Radio, and leather and all that good stuff...upgrade from a compact. They were going to give me a chevy malibu classic... I got stuck with one of those in December for a week and it handled like a boat with an outboard motor. The milan isn't an amazing car driving-wise, but I can't complain about the trim level :-) It's class D I think, but not nearly that big inside.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler

Instead of the new Malibu, Avis is still getting a fleet-only '08 version of last year's Malibu, where it is referred to as the "Classic". I have gotten one at GSO (a four cylinder) and MSY (with a V-6).

The old version was not that bad although the "real" '08 Malibu is supposed to be a significant improvement. Maybe next year.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 9:50 am

Programs: Mucci (for services to Gin), VS Au, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis Pref+, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by MSP_vibe
I won't even start on the fact that my Charger had a pile of trash in the driver's footwell and reeked of smoke... didn't have time to stop and complain.
I've had several Chargers that stink of cigarette smoke, I think the leatherette seats retain the smell more than most.

Also Avis at SEA has a few new Malibus.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 11:38 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Avis First
I got one of the new Ford Focuses and they are actually pretty nice. Much better than the ones in the past. I would definitely rent one again. FYI: For what it is worth, I prefer smaller more efficient cars, so, even though I can rent a full size, I usually go with the intermediate.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 3:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Any one know what type of Full and standard class cars are in HNL and LIH?
Old Mar 17, 2008, 11:38 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

The Mercury Milan can be moved from the "Unknown" to "Full Size/E". Also, the Hyundai Azera can be classified as "Premium/G".
Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
I reserved a Standard in LAS. Since they don't make the Monte Carlo anymore, are they giving out Mustangs for this class? Or will they just put me into a fullsize? (or better)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.