Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Latest data point: according to Glasgow Avis, the name associated with this code is not Finmeccanica contrary to previous posts on this thread and they insist on sighting corporate credit card or business card.
AWD is for Leonardo which used to be Finnmeccanica apparently
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_S.p.A.

Thanks for the data point! Did you end up booking a backup plan?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ng1265
AWD is for Leonardo which used to be Finnmeccanica apparently
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_S.p.A.

Thanks for the data point! Did you end up booking a backup plan?
Yes - I have free cancellations with Sixt so I had that as a backup and got upgraded to a BMW 3 series so all fine in the end, but that blue E Class that was waiting for me at Avis looked so nice.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
I should also mention that the company Glasgow said was associated with this AWD also wasn’t Leonardo - the name quoted was “Ital .... spa” - can’t remember the middle word but it definitely wasn’t Leonardo.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Isochronous
I should also mention that the company Glasgow said was associated with this AWD also wasn’t Leonardo - the name quoted was “Ital .... spa” - can’t remember the middle word but it definitely wasn’t Leonardo.
Italia Finnmeccanica SPA perhaps?

To sum up the data points for E027237
Italy: Need ID (2019)
UK: GLA - need ID (2019)
France - No ID (2018)
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:01 pm

What's the lowest one-way mileage charge AWD you've found?
The lowest I have is $0.20/mile, most are $0.25/mile. I tried searching the thread for 15 minutes and haven't found a better one.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:50 pm

I rented with this code in UK twice within last month

2 weeks rental from Luton airport, no questions asked, class C booked, car received Renault Capture disel manual, rate extremely cheap like 70 gbp per 14 days plus 12 gbp one way fee as returned at city station. At the invoice it says: rate 9J FINMECCANICA Non Discountable Rate, whatever that means

2 weeks rental from Milton Keynes city station, no questions asked, just manager was amused how good rate it is, class K booked, Audi A5 petrol automatic received, driving that great car now, again rate is crazy 115 gbp per 14 days

today i popped in at the station to add a second driver and same manager start asking questions like where i got that code, do i work for the company Leonardo/Finmechanica etc. Told her i used to work as a contractor, that is how i got the code but not doing a contract at the moment and not directly employed by them. Perhaps she was not convinced and told me i can continue with current rental and they honor the rate, but can't use that code for future bookings unless i have evidence i work for them. In a way i was asking for this as i got a great rate i should have stayed low and not showing to the branch again to get extra service.

to summarize you can get away with it but be prepared to prove affiliation with a company or have plan B reservation elsewhere.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by alchemista
What's the lowest one-way mileage charge AWD you've found?
The lowest I have is $0.20/mile, most are $0.25/mile. I tried searching the thread for 15 minutes and haven't found a better one.
Worth noting that the Finmeccanica rate above gives a higher daily rate than most but gives no one way drop off fee. I'm doing a 3 day drive from Washington to Chicago and it's a wash for me either way based on some of the other rates I have seen that charge 20 cents a mile but if I were doing a long one way drive in a short time (This sounds like the plot of the next Smokey and the Bandit movie) then I'd probably use the Finmeccanica rate.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by sparksals
I just used AWD W222853 which is a valid code from AVIS for p/u in YYC in July. Got an intermediate SUV for $275 Cdn - about $210US Obscenely low rate for Stampede time. I don't know how I got it so low when other rates are higher, but I printed it off and I have the confirmation, so I imagine they have to honour it. I had a problem at first - it showed that price and when I submitted the reservation, suddenly it changed to over $1k! It turns out, my saved code kept asking for my member number and it wouldn't clear even though I used the above code. I deleted my normal code I use for USAA and it worked very well. It says it is a Weekend rate from Friday thru Monday, but mine is a week long rental.
May I ask what company this code is registered with?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:38 am

to add to Finmecanica code,

last week class J booked in Luton airport, class K received, Mercedes C class petrol automatic, 84 gbp per 8 days

the day before the rental starts someone called from Avis and asked about the code, what company it is related to, how am i related to that company etc. Again asked to name the company at the counter when collected the car, on a brighter side even get an upgrade.

Now bad news, i try to book the next rental and it seems the code does not give such a favorable rate anymore, rate almost the same as without any code, perhaps Avis fixed this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by shuriccc
to add to Finmecanica code,

last week class J booked in Luton airport, class K received, Mercedes C class petrol automatic, 84 gbp per 8 days

the day before the rental starts someone called from Avis and asked about the code, what company it is related to, how am i related to that company etc. Again asked to name the company at the counter when collected the car, on a brighter side even get an upgrade.

Now bad news, i try to book the next rental and it seems the code does not give such a favorable rate anymore, rate almost the same as without any code, perhaps Avis fixed this.
Confirmed dead in the UK, still works in other select countries
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:28 am

Confirmed dead in the UK, still works in other select countries
wandering which countries might still works
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Hi all, it looks the excellent Citigroup Leisure Travel AWD of A078400 which was an excellent AWD for one-way rentals now does not include unlimited miles
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club, SkyMiles
Hi all,

Any suggestions for a one-way rental from NYC to BOS (pickup and drop-off both anywhere in the city) for a 19 year old, last week of august/first week of september? I am having some trouble bringing the cost below $250-300 a day.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Looking for a good one-way rental code with unlimited miles. I was using the Citigroup Leisure Travel AWD but that no longer works.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:43 pm

I ended up not using a AWD code and got a 2 week rental in Florence for £212 (group E - Estate car). I haven't seen it cheaper, even with some of the AWD codes posted here! The website did say "discount applied", not sure what discount that was. Maybe with this low £, prices have come down? Who knows. Can't complain!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.