Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
I tried to use this code (E027237) for a booking and was unsuccessful while logged into my Avis profile. After logging out I was able to book it successfully. However, if I try to pay for it or make any changes to the reservation I get an error "Unable to convert from Source Currency". I was hoping to add my Wizard number to the reservation so I can pick up at the lot instead of having to go to the counter.

Will they cancel this at pickup?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
Update on code E027237:
It seems that ID checks are more frequently in place for this code, friend of mine got caught in Italy last month and had to haggle his way to avoid paying full price.
Use it at your own risk
Has anyone tried this code in the UK?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Has anyone tried this code in the UK?
See my post above. I was able to make a reservation with this quote but only after I logged out of my Wizard profile.
Any idea which organization this code if for?
Old May 2, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: too many
rj123456, did you try for a booking in the US or elsewhere? Code seems to be for Leonardo
Isochronous, the last time I've used this code in the UK was a couple of years ago, no issues at all
Ohms12, don't use it in Italy, have done it twice, got challenged once and was lucky to have a backup reservation elsewhere. The other time it went through only because I was a late arrival post closing hours (different Italian airport than the 1st time) and they didn't want the hassle of going through redoing a contract.
ohms12 likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: DL
Had absolutely no problems!
Old May 7, 2019, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by DocDad
Had absolutely no problems!
Where did you rent it?

Has anyone used E027237 in Italy without problems?
Old May 7, 2019, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by ng1265
rj123456, did you try for a booking in the US or elsewhere? Code seems to be for Leonardo
Isochronous, the last time I've used this code in the UK was a couple of years ago, no issues at all
Ohms12, don't use it in Italy, have done it twice, got challenged once and was lucky to have a backup reservation elsewhere. The other time it went through only because I was a late arrival post closing hours (different Italian airport than the 1st time) and they didn't want the hassle of going through redoing a contract.
Great, planning to use at LHR.
Old May 18, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Looking for a code to use for a July one way rental from BWI to PHL. Almost every rate that I get good rates on for same airport pickup/return wants to charge me from $.25 to $.32 a mile for this trip.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:10 pm

Any good valid non-Bombardier AWD codes available for use for a Canadian east-coast holiday this summer? Have checked older codes on this thread but not all offer super-great rates. Any valuable input appreciated.
mayhem90 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: avis
+1

Looking for a safe AWD code (with the name of the company) to use in Vancouver. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:18 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by mayhem90
+1

Looking for a safe AWD code (with the name of the company) to use in Vancouver. Any suggestions?
Ask your employer if they have an Avis discount code. Or check with any programs that you belong to (HHonors, AAA, USAA, AARP, etc) and can prove when you get to the desk that you belong to them.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
im not sure if this is the right thread, but what does National Executive Elite status match to at Avis?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz President ś Circle , AF- KLM Flying Blue, BA Executive Club
The Avis match is Avis President's Club,
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by mayhem90
+1

I just used AWD W222853 which is a valid code from AVIS for p/u in YYC in July. Got an intermediate SUV for $275 Cdn - about $210US Obscenely low rate for Stampede time. I don't know how I got it so low when other rates are higher, but I printed it off and I have the confirmation, so I imagine they have to honour it. I had a problem at first - it showed that price and when I submitted the reservation, suddenly it changed to over $1k! It turns out, my saved code kept asking for my member number and it wouldn't clear even though I used the above code. I deleted my normal code I use for USAA and it worked very well. It says it is a Weekend rate from Friday thru Monday, but mine is a week long rental.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ng1265
Latest data point: according to Glasgow Avis, the name associated with this code is not Finmeccanica contrary to previous posts on this thread and they insist on sighting corporate credit card or business card.
ng1265 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.