Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2004, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by beachfan
Yes, this does seem good. $20 better than the SPG code on a 15 day rental, and $100plus cheaper than most others. Can you describe the code a little more (require membership, need to show a card?).

I might stick with the SPG rate since I know I qualify for that.
Both the SPG rate and the other rate have a catch. Preferred benefits are not available. They say absolutely no upgrades.

Anyone using that rates find they were able to get an upgrade at the counter?
Old Dec 6, 2004, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by limamike
D752500! Is the new rate that I have discovered to give you 30-50% across the board!. International and domestic.
Any idea about the source of this code?
Old Dec 11, 2004, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beachfan
Anyone using that rates find they were able to get an upgrade at the counter?
I still use L093590 for all my domestic rentals. I always get a very good rate, all my points and upgrades, and never have a hassle. Plus.. the code gives a $3k maximum liability cap on all damages. At $3k maximum, my credit card company is much less likely to dispute any claims. Just my opinion.....
Old Dec 13, 2004, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL DM
L093590 Includes LDW?????

Originally Posted by bob1008
Why do they keep eliminating this thread? Do we start another?

Well.. I guess I'll start it off. My most reliable for consistantly low rates, unlimited miles, free LDW, and no hassle is still L093590.

I tried to reserve a car at LAX using the code, but it doesn't say it includes the Limited Damage Waiver.

Are you sure?
Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gelizon
I tried to reserve a car at LAX using the code, but it doesn't say it includes the Limited Damage Waiver.

Are you sure?
I'm positive. Unfortunately I experienced it personally when I cracked up an Avis car last year. Diners Club paid exactly $3000., just as Avis requested. There were no problems/disputes whatsoever.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:40 am

Am I doing something wrong? I've tried a bunch of recent AWDs and it keeps telling me they're invalid:

D005297
L093590
A7H57Q
D752500

It's a 2 week rental over Christmas, so I can understand if the rates don't apply at Christmas, but that's different from invalid...
Old Dec 18, 2004, 10:41 am

Avis Code D086533

I am about to go to England and have rented a car using this code D086533. Any one hear of any problems. I am arriving on Xmas eve and don't feel like getting bounced.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 10:51 am
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Looking for codes/coupons for 20 days in NZ

Any ideas for codes/coupons for a 20 day rental in New Zealand (CHC) Mid size, standard, automatic
Old Dec 18, 2004, 12:38 pm

Programs: I've got three passports, A couple of visas, Don't even know my real name.
Originally Posted by ranles
Any ideas for codes/coupons for a 20 day rental in New Zealand (CHC) Mid size, standard, automatic
Try D086533, country of residence "New Zealand".

Watch out for the cops in NZ, they are very strict on speeding and they use speed cameras in unmarked cars...
Old Dec 18, 2004, 2:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Thank you

Thanks, saw Avis thread. Tried some that seem like would not cause a problem, none better than default code (D459000) Will try D086533
ranles.

Booked using code, was about 3% cheaper, but I"ll take it...thanks again. I use USA as residence. I am satisified with a straight up deal.

Last edited by ranles; Dec 18, 2004 at 3:45 pm
Old Dec 18, 2004, 3:58 pm

D005927 = amazing

This code just got my dad a premium car for 67% less than the avis.com rate without the code (and for 40% less than the cheapest full-size we could find elsewhere). I booked it under his preferred account, so hopefully he won't have any trouble. Big thanks to whoever discovered this gem.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by themicah
This code just got my dad a premium car for 67% less than the avis.com rate without the code (and for 40% less than the cheapest full-size we could find elsewhere). I booked it under his preferred account, so hopefully he won't have any trouble. Big thanks to whoever discovered this gem.
Should be D005297, no?
Old Dec 20, 2004, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by lt1GM
Should be D005297, no?
Hmm... no, I just looked at the confirmation e-mail, and it was definitely D005927, which is the same as the code in gnaget's post above. But it works. Shows up as "corporate rate" in the reservation, with no more detail.

I also just spoke with my dad, and he reports that the guy at the Avis counter was really impressed with his rate when he picked up the car yesterday. Luckily the guy was impressed in a "wow, great rate!" kind of way, not a "hey now, wait a minute!" kind of way.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 11:29 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
D005297 Amateur Sports Assistance Program ***NEW***
Old Dec 25, 2004, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL DM
Great Deal

Originally Posted by bob1008
I still use L093590 for all my domestic rentals. I always get a very good rate, all my points and upgrades, and never have a hassle. Plus.. the code gives a $3k maximum liability cap on all damages. At $3k maximum, my credit card company is much less likely to dispute any claims. Just my opinion.....

Thanks bob1008. I used the L093590 at LAX and got a Grand Marquis for only 180.00 per week all-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.