Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2004, 8:50 am

Any ID needed for the Amateur Sports Assistance Program code?

IS any coupon or ID required to use the following codes?

D002807 Amateur Sports Assistance Program ***Expired***
D005297 Amateur Sports Assistance Program ***NEW***

The NEW code gives me very nice price in FLL. Anybody has experience with either the Expired or the NEW code?
Old Sep 27, 2004, 9:43 pm
jar

Programs: UA 2M
Here are three weekend codes that seem to work:

Coupon # - Rental days - $off
MUGG247 - 2 days - $10
MUGG248 - 3 days - $15
MUGG249 - 4 days - $20
Old Sep 28, 2004, 12:15 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Uh-oh, I was doing a couple of bookings here and the D086533 and L093590 (my intl and domestic, respectively, favorites) appeared to have no effect. I checked the former for a rental at MUC in late October and it had no effect! I got some reduction using another code. Quick math shows a 30% discount..... D086533 used to give 40% in Europe.

I got an email last week from a WSJ journalist who asked me about the Marshall Code (D086533). I asked her not to write about it..... Did anyone read last Friday's WSJ or still have a copy? Curse and damnation on her if she caused this......
Old Sep 28, 2004, 5:02 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi!

Hmm.. I do hope that the code is still ok and not "leaked" by that journalist. Anyway, I just used it yesterday to reserve a car in Spain via the Avis Belgium website and I got the discount. However, when I tried booking the same car using the same info, on the Avis Spain website, it did not work.. so, what I am guessing is that it works for certain websites. I have also tried it via the Avis Netherlands website, and it seems to work. Maybe you could try playing around with the different websites? Just my 2cents.

Old Sep 28, 2004, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=gnaget]Uh-oh, I was doing a couple of bookings here and the D086533 and L093590 (my intl and domestic, respectively, favorites) appeared to have no effect. I checked the former for a rental at MUC in late October and it had no effect! I got some reduction using another code. Quick math shows a 30% discount..... D086533 used to give 40% in Europe.
QUOTE]

I made 2 reservations today with L093590 and it was still working fine. But I'll be watching it very close. Thanks for the info.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 2:13 pm

Really? My domestic reservation was local midweek, non-airport from FC9. No difference if I add the L code or not.

Have to find the WSJ from Friday...........
Old Sep 28, 2004, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi!

Hmm.. I do hope that the code is still ok and not "leaked" by that journalist. Anyway, I just used it yesterday to reserve a car in Spain via the Avis Belgium website and I got the discount. However, when I tried booking the same car using the same info, on the Avis Spain website, it did not work.. so, what I am guessing is that it works for certain websites. I have also tried it via the Avis Netherlands website, and it seems to work. Maybe you could try playing around with the different websites? Just my 2cents.

Yeah, but did you try today?
Old Sep 29, 2004, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by gnaget
Yeah, but did you try today?
Yeah, I tried it again yesterday (ur today re quote). And it did work again for a rental here in Belgium. Maybe they could have removed it from the US websites (??).

Well, again, I do hope that it is just some computer glich that is causing this on the US website. Or else, it is a really sad if this code is gone.

Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by gnaget
Uh-oh, I was doing a couple of bookings here and the D086533 and L093590 (my intl and domestic, respectively, favorites) appeared to have no effect. I checked the former for a rental at MUC in late October and it had no effect! I got some reduction using another code. Quick math shows a 30% discount..... D086533 used to give 40% in Europe.

I got an email last week from a WSJ journalist who asked me about the Marshall Code (D086533). I asked her not to write about it..... Did anyone read last Friday's WSJ or still have a copy? Curse and damnation on her if she caused this......

I am finding that the MSB code is no longer working im Europe too. Thankfully I have a few confirmed reservations with the old rate.

Will they honor the confirmed rates?
Old Oct 4, 2004, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by sapman986
I am finding that the MSB code is no longer working im Europe too. Thankfully I have a few confirmed reservations with the old rate.

Will they honor the confirmed rates?

I do hope that they will honor the confirmed rates as I do also have a few adv. reservations.
Anyway, any update on this? Cause for me, I still am seeing here on the avis.be websites that the code is still ok. I just tried a pseudo quote yesterday and it was working fine. I am really curious.

Thanks.

Old Oct 6, 2004, 9:28 am

I tried Avis.be and got the same rate with or without the MSB code. I also tried another code that gives me 30% off on avis.com euro rentals -- no effect.

The problem with euro Avis websites is also that they include insurance, which I don't need.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by lmofj

The NEW code gives me very nice price in FLL. Anybody has experience with either the Expired or the NEW code?
I used this code last week at RDU...gave a much better price than other codes, $27/day...not a bargain but still much better for a busy weekend.
No questions asked...no coupon or ID.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by lmofj

Quite a number of us FlyerTalkers have used a previous version of the Amateur Sports Assistance Program discount, often with very good results. I myself used it a couple of times a couple of years ago, and no ID was asked for.

HOWEVER, it would be good if someone would post more recent experience with it! Things change!
Old Oct 18, 2004, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by ExpoTrac
I used this code last week at RDU...gave a much better price than other codes, $27/day...not a bargain but still much better for a busy weekend.
No questions asked...no coupon or ID.
I have used this code again on the Avis Netherlands website, and yes, it still seems to work, saving me nearly 60 Euro's. Only disadvantage I see is that with this code, I still don't get unlimited mileage. (This is for a return to the same renting station)

Also I just found out from Avis, called them, that it is true that (does not matter using this code or not), they do charge one way fees for rental within the country itself. I again find this to be a terrible practice. The reason given was that they need to bring the car back to the station. Has anyone come across such practice in other countries?
Old Oct 23, 2004, 1:02 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by sapman986
try booking using a local Avis website. for the exact same rental, the code doesn't work at avis.com, but did at avis.ie, for instance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.