Adding My Avis Preferred To My BA Rental

Old Jul 24, 2023, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
Adding My Avis Preferred To My BA Rental

I have purchased an Avis rental through British Airways - no problem. However, during the booking process, I couldn't find my Avis preferred number, but today I found it. I can't see a way on BA's or Avis' website to add my AP number. Do I have to phone BA or Avis to add it? Cheers
Old Jul 24, 2023, 4:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Ambassador
I have previously contacted Avis via email to add my Avis number to the BA reservation
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 9:39 am

I've previously had success via e-mail at the following:

[email protected]
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shonerm
I've previously had success via e-mail at the following:

[email protected]
Thanks very much. I e-mailed them, and within an hour or two, they contacted me saying they had updated my reservation! I checked my Avis account, and it was showing! I was impressed how quick the response was.

Thank you again.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:03 am

Programs: C1 Venture X, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by RJD1983
Thanks very much. I e-mailed them, and within an hour or two, they contacted me saying they had updated my reservation! I checked my Avis account, and it was showing! I was impressed how quick the response was.

Thank you again.
Did you get your Preferred benefits when you did this? The discounts are significant (booking the car as part of the flight), but I don't want to lose President's club benefits.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xkmo
Did you get your Preferred benefits when you did this? The discounts are significant (booking the car as part of the flight), but I don't want to lose President's club benefits.
I don't have any status, as I only rent with them once or twice a year. But, if you're asking do you get your AP benefits when booking through flight+car? I don't know if you get points, but your status will count, so if they say free upgrade, because of your status, you should get that perk.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.