Adding My Avis Preferred To My BA Rental

Old Jul 24, 2023, 1:54 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Channel Islands, UK
Programs: BA Blue
Posts: 555
Adding My Avis Preferred To My BA Rental

I have purchased an Avis rental through British Airways - no problem. However, during the booking process, I couldn't find my Avis preferred number, but today I found it. I can't see a way on BA's or Avis' website to add my AP number. Do I have to phone BA or Avis to add it? Cheers
RJD1983 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 2023, 4:13 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Ambassador
Posts: 168
I have previously contacted Avis via email to add my Avis number to the BA reservation
RJD1983 likes this.
ExAbz is offline  
Old Jul 25, 2023, 9:39 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 80
I've previously had success via e-mail at the following:

[email protected]
RJD1983 likes this.
shonerm is offline  
Old Jul 25, 2023, 12:33 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Channel Islands, UK
Programs: BA Blue
Posts: 555
Originally Posted by shonerm
I've previously had success via e-mail at the following:

[email protected]
Thanks very much. I e-mailed them, and within an hour or two, they contacted me saying they had updated my reservation! I checked my Avis account, and it was showing! I was impressed how quick the response was.

Thank you again.
RJD1983 is offline  
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:03 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Valencia, ES
Programs: C1 Venture X, National EE, Avis PC
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by RJD1983
Thanks very much. I e-mailed them, and within an hour or two, they contacted me saying they had updated my reservation! I checked my Avis account, and it was showing! I was impressed how quick the response was.

Thank you again.
Did you get your Preferred benefits when you did this? The discounts are significant (booking the car as part of the flight), but I don't want to lose President's club benefits.
Xkmo is offline  
Old Jan 18, 2024, 10:31 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Channel Islands, UK
Programs: BA Blue
Posts: 555
Originally Posted by Xkmo
Did you get your Preferred benefits when you did this? The discounts are significant (booking the car as part of the flight), but I don't want to lose President's club benefits.
I don't have any status, as I only rent with them once or twice a year. But, if you're asking do you get your AP benefits when booking through flight+car? I don't know if you get points, but your status will count, so if they say free upgrade, because of your status, you should get that perk.
RJD1983 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.