Duplicating Costco Travel Prices on Avis.com

Old Sep 15, 22, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Duplicating Costco Travel Prices on Avis.com

I've been trying to do this for at least a few years, but is there a way to put in your costco AWD on avis.com and duplicate the costcotravel.com pricing on Avis's website?

I don't mind doing Costco's site, but I think there are often more car options or can be a bit more specific on Avis's website..... but every time I try this it always is significantly costlier on avis.com than costco.

Can it be done? Do I need a coupon code in addition to the AWD?
Old Sep 15, 22, 11:54 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

Costcos website will often apply a coupon code in addition to the discount code. Thats probably why the rates dont match.

It takes a lot of work to keep up with every available coupon and discount code. We know because thats what we specialize in. 🙂
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 17, 22, 10:30 am

It used to be that once you reserve on Costco, the terms and conditions would list the AWD. but it doesn't now. I have the costco awd's in a spreadsheet but they are no longer working online direct. This is case for Alamo, Avis and Enterprise.
Old Sep 19, 22, 11:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Originally Posted by Jerome10 View Post
I've been trying to do this for at least a few years, but is there a way to put in your costco AWD on avis.com and duplicate the costcotravel.com pricing on Avis's website?

I don't mind doing Costco's site, but I think there are often more car options or can be a bit more specific on Avis's website..... but every time I try this it always is significantly costlier on avis.com than costco.

Can it be done? Do I need a coupon code in addition to the AWD?
Have you tried making reservation on Costco then going to vendor site to change the reservation?
Old Sep 20, 22, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
Have you tried making reservation on Costco then going to vendor site to change the reservation?
OOO. not a bad idea. Tried it here. If I modify the reservation, then pick full size again, its adding about $9. So very close.

Pick a different car class though and Avis is $70 higher than booking same class on costcotravel.

maybe just cannot be done.
Old Sep 20, 22, 12:12 pm

There's no reason to use Costco when you can use AutoSlash, which checks Costco and all other eligible discounts.
Auto Enthusiast and AutoSlash like this.
Old Sep 21, 22, 4:40 pm

But don't you end up renting through Priceline with Autoslash?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by dougfoglesong View Post
But don't you end up renting through Priceline with Autoslash?
Priceline is merely the reservation engine.
Old Sep 22, 22, 3:30 pm

I would rather rent directly. I see a lot of issues when going through 3rd party bookings.
Old Sep 22, 22, 5:44 pm

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Originally Posted by dougfoglesong View Post
I would rather rent directly. I see a lot of issues when going through 3rd party bookings.
Priceline isn't a traditional 3rd party in this case, they are only making the reservation. You still deal with the rental company directly. I've changed my rental for early October twice today using Autoslash through Priceline, once to Alamo then again to Budget, in both cases I could see my rental with my loyalty number attached on both company websites within 5 minutes, same as if you booked through Costco, AAA or most any other option. Almost all of the 3rd party problems are when you pay the 3rd party who then pays the provider.
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by m907 View Post
There's no reason to use Costco when you can use AutoSlash, which checks Costco and all other eligible discounts.
Well, the 2% reward if you are an Executive Member may be one reason.

Still a big fan of AutoSlash though.

Search this Thread