Car pickup at Nice Airport

Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze :-(, United, Virgin, Starwood, Marriott
Car pickup at Nice Airport

Hi,
I am renting from Avis in a couple of weeks at Nice Airport and I have read quite a lot about the difficulties of pickup. I am flying into Terminal 1 (British airways) and am an Avis Preferred member. I understand the checkin desk is in T1 but the cars are in T2. At many of the European airports ( Pre-Covid at least), you could go straight to the car lot and the cars were waiting if you had done online checkin.
Anyone had any recent experiences of pickup at Nice Airport ?
Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Airmiles, Alaska Airlines
We are right behind you picking up in September. Let us know how it goes please.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:43 pm

Had a sub optimal experience at hertz there today. They spent a solid 30+ minutes trying to upsell me on cars suggesting (or lying) that the reserved car could not accommodate even one bag and for only 100€ a day they would upgrade me one category. I was finally got my car and was able to easily pack 3 large suitcases.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 4:14 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
NCE has a car rental centre near T2. IIRC, there were paid meet & greet services at T1, but can't remember which companies do this.

From T1, you can take the tram to T2 free of charge. Then you cross over to a passage through the car parks, with a really awkward chicane in the middle to make it extra difficult if you have to luggage, cross another road, and you're there.

​​​​​​If you need the counter, do look for the Preferred one, I've often seen it empty when the main one is miles long. There is also a booth in the car park, but I can't remember if you can go there directly (I know you can with Hertz, but needed the main desk last time I was with Avis).

As ever, you get brownie points for speaking French when you check in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.