Wiki Posts
Search

Kia Soul or Similar

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
Kia Soul or Similar

I ordered a Kia Soul or similar for a week, I'm just wondering do these models come with satnav and USB ports? I plan to do a bit of sight seeing and photoing, so it would be great if the car had built in satnav and USB ports, otherwise I am going to have to get some battery banks!

Cheers
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its a pretty good bet to assume that most if not all rentals have a USB port to charge now.
Navigation system - highly doubt it unless you rent a luxury vehicle. You're going to be getting a base model whatever in that small size which isn't going to have anything fancy.
Auto Enthusiast and RJD1983 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
it has USB, no built in NAV but it supports both carplay and android auto
Old Mar 26, 2022, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're worried about no USB ports in some rental car, you don't need to get battery banks, you just need to get a "cigarette lighter" to USB port adapter. The "cigarette lighter" connector (for 12VDC power) seem standard on all cars (even old cars from independent rental places that rent old cars). Gosh, you can even get "cigarette lighter" to 120V indoor-type power converters too. Not all cars include the cigarette lighter itself any more, but the connector still always seems to be there somewhere, because it's used for so many powered car accessories (including compressors to inflate your tires!).
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 7:54 pm

Programs: HHonors, US, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by RJD1983
I ordered a Kia Soul or similar for a week, I'm just wondering do these models come with satnav and USB ports? I plan to do a bit of sight seeing and photoing, so it would be great if the car had built in satnav and USB ports, otherwise I am going to have to get some battery banks!

Cheers
I've rented the Kia Soul twice. It supports Android Auto and possibly Apple Carplay. Decent size screen. Each time I was offered the Kia after turning down a Mitsubishi Outlander which doesn't seem to support Android Auto. Didn't want to rely on my phone screen for navigation, so it was preferable to rent the Kia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.