FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   Premium SUV from SFO next week (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/2070522-premium-suv-sfo-next-week.html)

shonerm Mar 2, 2022 6:43 am

Premium SUV from SFO next week

Hi All,

I'm due to collect a Premium SUV (Class L) from SFO next Wednesday on a pre-paid reservation. This class of vehicle is now 'sold out' for new reservations from the day of collection and then every day thereafter for about a week. I presume this suggests there is limited stock for this class of vehicle, so what is the likelihood (in your experiences) that we'll end up in this category of vehicle?

Thanks for your time.

shonerm Mar 9, 2022 4:36 pm

By way of an update.

Upon landing at SFO, had been allocated Ford Expedition EL 4x4 through the app with 3500 miles on it. Although happy with that, thought I’d have a look at what vehicles I could change to. As ‘complimentary’ changes, I was offered 3 Chevy Surburbans:

Black, 355 miles
White, 5 miles
White, 5 miles

Selected one of white ones before they disappeared, and have driven away in a brand new Premier edition. Being from the UK, I’m not familiar with the Chevy trim levels but it seems to have all of the toys.

DELee Mar 9, 2022 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by shonerm (Post 34062405)
By way of an update.

Upon landing at SFO, had been allocated Ford Expedition EL 4x4 through the app with 3500 miles on it. Although happy with that, thought I’d have a look at what vehicles I could change to. As ‘complimentary’ changes, I was offered 3 Chevy Surburbans:

Black, 355 miles
White, 5 miles
White, 5 miles

Selected one of white ones before they disappeared, and have driven away in a brand new Premier edition. Being from the UK, I’m not familiar with the Chevy trim levels but it seems to have all of the toys.

Enjoy the ride and let us know if anything stands out vs. UK.

David

shonerm Mar 10, 2022 5:21 am

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 34063013)
Enjoy the ride and let us know if anything stands out vs. UK.

David

Thanks, will do. I was planning to do a ride report with some photos/video- we're due to be doing some 2500 miles over the next two weeks, so should get to know it pretty well.

shonerm

DELee Mar 10, 2022 8:05 am

Originally Posted by shonerm (Post 34063570)
Thanks, will do. I was planning to do a ride report with some photos/video- we're due to be doing some 2500 miles over the next two weeks, so should get to know it pretty well.

shonerm

At 2500 miles, you'll also get to know gas pumps fairly well. :)

David

chickenpollo92 Mar 10, 2022 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by shonerm (Post 34063570)

shonerm

Nice please share your report with us. We have a Tahoe same thing as the suburban but shorter. I think you’ll find the ride and comfort pretty damn nice. But good luck with those California gas prices 😩

shonerm Mar 24, 2022 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 34063949)
At 2500 miles, you'll also get to know gas pumps fairly well. :)

David

Just handed the Suburban back having put 2710 miles on the new car. Managed to get an average of 19.6 miles to the gallon given a real mix of driving (interstates and mountain roads). Between California and Arizona gas prices, we racked up a gas bill of $710. Ride report to follow once I get back home.

chickenpollo92 Mar 24, 2022 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by shonerm (Post 34104310)
Just handed the Suburban back having put 2710 miles on the new car. Managed to get an average of 19.6 miles to the gallon given a real mix of driving (interstates and mountain roads). Between California and Arizona gas prices, we racked up a gas bill of $710. Ride report to follow once I get back home.

hey man! How was the trip? And the truck? What did guys stop to see? Also 700 for all that doesnt sound terrible to be honest