Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Got an Avis rental cheaper on SAS car booking engine compared to Avis.com

Got an Avis rental cheaper on SAS car booking engine compared to Avis.com

Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:14 am

Can US residents use the booking engine for a US rental ? I can access the site and find availability (at a great price too) , but the terms and conditions are unclear as to who is eligible.

Strangely enough , the checkout page states that the rate includes LDW and additional liability insurance!

Also - are there any cancel/change penalties for reservations using this method?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:23 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
@AutoSlash can you comment?

Originally Posted by restrictonthehanger
Can US residents use the booking engine for a US rental ? I can access the site and find availability (at a great price too) , but the terms and conditions are unclear as to who is eligible.

Strangely enough , the checkout page states that the rate includes LDW and additional liability insurance!

Also - are there any cancel/change penalties for reservations using this method?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 2:19 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by cblaisd
@AutoSlash can you comment?
Originally Posted by restrictonthehanger

Typically, US customers would not be eligible for these insurance-inclusive rates. They may let it slide, but we've seen numerous US customers get denied when showing up with a fully-inclusive rental in the US with both Avis and Budget.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Typically, US customers would not be eligible for these insurance-inclusive rates. They may let it slide, but we've seen numerous US customers get denied when showing up with a fully-inclusive rental in the US with both Avis and Budget.
Thanks Autoslash

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.