Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis reminder emails now contain awd code check warning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis reminder emails now contain awd code check warning

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:51 am

I will have a datapoint for a LGA business AWD rental after tomorrow. Back in June I was asked for work ID on a corporate leisure AWD at the counter.
Auto Enthusiast and macft like this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
No checking at MCO this past weekend while traveling on my corporate AWD. Had ID ready just in case.
DELee and macft like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by restrictonthehanger
I will have a datapoint for a LGA business AWD rental after tomorrow. Back in June I was asked for work ID on a corporate leisure AWD at the counter.
This time they did not ask at the counter , despite having the sign up to present work ID. But that could have to do with using a corporate card with the company logo....
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SW, Hilton, Hertz, Dollar, National (new Fav)
Rented at LAS on the 3rd around 10:15 pm, name wasn't on the Board. Went into the Preferred office and the agent didn't ask me for anything except driver's license.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Meanwhile my next trip is to ABQ and I doubt there is a board there. So that will be interesting. If they accept the ID I bring with me, I may reevaluate my next rentals.
Somehow ABQ actually has a board and I skipped the counter. Third party security guard outside did not check for AWD eligibility.

-J.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
I ended up cancelling my local August rental (referred to up thread), but did rent from this same local suburban location this past weekend in September. For this AWD, I was prepared to show a legitimate connection to the company that the AWD was associated with, but was never asked.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 5:35 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
So what happens if I book using one of those codes and they challenge me and I cannot provide any evidence that I'm eligible for the discount? Are there any penalties for not being able to collect the vehicle?
Old Sep 17, 2021, 6:56 am

I was challenged once at Avis Heraclion airport for using Avis employees discount, I think they even sent an email in advance so I kind of expected it. At first, the station manager insisted I pay the full rate without any discount code but after some negotiation agreed to change the code for the AMEX platinum code which I am eligible so all after all instead of 30% discount i got a 15%. The reservation was prepaid, I think it might make a difference as they need to process a refund in case they want to cancel on their end. In the worst-case scenario, you just pay the full price which I was prepared to do.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:50 pm

Does anyone know what code D782000 is for? It's on my profile but I don't know what it for. I may or may not have used it in the past. I want to make sure I'm eligible.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by dougfoglesong
Does anyone know what code D782000 is for? It's on my profile but I don't know what it for. I may or may not have used it in the past. I want to make sure I'm eligible.
A quick Google search shows this code on several coupon websites, leading me to believe it is publicly available, generally with Budget. However I'm still not sure what it is for, so YMMV.

-J.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 12:08 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
For pay on collection bookings can I just walk away without any non-collection fees? I’m thinking of taking a car in ATH but if they refuse me I’ll just hop on a bus so the only concern are penalties for not collecting the car.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:24 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by palcsaky
For pay on collection bookings can I just walk away without any non-collection fees? I’m thinking of taking a car in ATH but if they refuse me I’ll just hop on a bus so the only concern are penalties for not collecting the car.
Typically yes, if they don't have your credit card on-file. If you reserved under your Avis Preferred account (where your credit card is on-file) or you were forced to provide your credit card at the time of booking, it's important to read the terms and conditions carefully as they pertain to no-shows. All of that said, typically there isn't any penalty on pay-at-counter bookings.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 8:44 pm

I just got reminder of my reservations in October and NO mention / warning about checking the AWD numbers.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Last edited by dougfoglesong; Oct 2, 2021 at 12:29 pm
Old Sep 28, 2021, 6:40 am

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
No check at local in MIA

The place was empty and the guy at the desk was glad to have something to do and didn't ask for any proof of corporate.
I've been using corporates all year at Hertz and Avis for leisure travel, nobody asked for proof.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Some recent data points: ABQ, LAX, SLC had no corporate ID check. At LAX and SLC I even went to the counter/booth to request vehicle swaps, and they still never asked for anything other than a driver's license. I had my company page printed out just in case.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Sep 28, 2021 at 1:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.