Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis France won’t stop charging me for giving my information for the same fine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2020, 5:45 am
Original Poster

This is the fourth time in a year. They keep giving my information to an authority for a fine. We called the authority to pay but won’t let us pay because the fine is in Avis name.

Avis had charged us 42 euros each time to give our information. When we complain Avis says they don’t control the authority and as many times as they ask they will give them the information.

How can I stop this from happening? I’m ok with paying the fine if it is legitimate and paying one Avis fee for this, but not forever.

We called Avis France, and contacted customer service in the USA (who won’t help since it isn’t France). The person in France said he would get it fixed but then never did.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would initiate a chargeback for the administrative fees beyond the first one, noting that they are "duplicate" charges for the same fine and that Avis has promised to but has not dealt with them. This puts the shoe on the other foot for Avis to demonstrate that the charges are legitimate.

Depending on when the specific EUR 42 charges occurred, you may have missed your chargeback window (depending on your card issuer). As a caution for others, if you do not receive relatively prompt attention for an issue, go ahead and initiate the chargeback then and there.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:28 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Also, if you get a new credit card number, they cannot charge you the EUR42 again since they won't have your valid number.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 8:54 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by Sintaku
This is the fourth time in a year. They keep giving my information to an authority for a fine. We called the authority to pay but won’t let us pay because the fine is in Avis name.

Avis had charged us 42 euros each time to give our information. When we complain Avis says they don’t control the authority and as many times as they ask they will give them the information.

How can I stop this from happening? I’m ok with paying the fine if it is legitimate and paying one Avis fee for this, but not forever.

We called Avis France, and contacted customer service in the USA (who won’t help since it isn’t France). The person in France said he would get it fixed but then never did.
Had the same issue, charged id back twice and never heard from Avis again (and no DNR either)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.