Avis Car Sales Experience

Old Jun 1, 20, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Avis Car Sales Experience

Anyone ever purchased a car from Avis? I have always stayed away from purchasing a used rental car, but I thought I would give it a try. (N. Carolina region)
My experience to date has been horrendous. Initially it was no replies to inquiries or follow up inquiries. Replies that did come in were unrelated to the cars I was asking about.
Most recently, I booked an ultimate test drive for Sunday at noon at a local address from their list, which was confirmed via email and text. When I arrived, the office had been completely vacated months ago, no sign of the car or an employee. I was unable reach anyone on the phone and they have not replied to any of my voice mails, texts, or emails.
Finally found an agent in another location that seems halfway competent.
Is this usual? or just a sign of the times?
Old Jun 2, 20, 2:39 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I know it's not the USA, but I have twice purchased a car from Avis Israel, and in both cases was extremely satisfied. The documentation was full and comprehensive, as was the service history.
Old Jun 2, 20, 5:16 am

I would not buy a car from Avis, Hertz, or anyone else, especially when they treated you this way. Any giant corporate car seller is not going to care as much about its cars as a mom-and-pop used car shop or even a dealer. And rental cars get so beat up I would not trust it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: