Avis cleaning for coronavirus?

Old Mar 24, 2020, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Avis cleaning for coronavirus?

Is Avis doing any special cleaning and other procedures so that its cars are safer from transmitting coronavirus, which can survive on surfaces somewhere between hours and days?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 4:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
According to the emails that I have received from Avis, and every other company that has my email address, the answer to your question is yes.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
According to the emails that I have received from Avis, and every other company that has my email address, the answer to your question is yes.
Would you know if they are actually doing what they claim?
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by richarddd
Would you know if they are actually doing what they claim?
Nope. But then again I trust Avis the least of the big three.

They still haven’t implemented an aisle choice - they love the tracking devices in their cars to charge customers for tenth of a gallon differences in fuel - and they never clean their cars properly. Especially inside.

I always ask them for a few Clorox wipes before getting in the car. Have to do it yourself because there is no way to cleaning employees are doing it (properly, if at all).
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Nope. But then again I trust Avis the least of the big three.

They still haven’t implemented an aisle choice - they love the tracking devices in their cars to charge customers for tenth of a gallon differences in fuel - and they never clean their cars properly. Especially inside.

I always ask them for a few Clorox wipes before getting in the car. Have to do it yourself because there is no way to cleaning employees are doing it (properly, if at all).
Do they actually give you wipes?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
TBH, I highly doubt whatever they say they are going to do. I use Avis (prior to COVID19 and travel bans) nearly on a weekly basis for years -- the cars are given a general wash on the outside and a bare clean on the inside. There is always garbage, excessive dirt on the floors/marked up interior door panels, mirrors look like they get a weird wet swipe that dries badly, etc. You name it. That was during the good times... now... I highly doubt much has changed. I can't even count how many cars I've stuck my head into in which I was assigned, NOPED OUT, and took an exchange or otherwise.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Cerberus
TBH, I highly doubt whatever they say they are going to do. I use Avis (prior to COVID19 and travel bans) nearly on a weekly basis for years -- the cars are given a general wash on the outside and a bare clean on the inside. There is always garbage, excessive dirt on the floors/marked up interior door panels, mirrors look like they get a weird wet swipe that dries badly, etc. You name it. That was during the good times... now... I highly doubt much has changed. I can't even count how many cars I've stuck my head into in which I was assigned, NOPED OUT, and took an exchange or otherwise.
I don't disagree. Avis cars don't seem to be cleaned as well as National or even Hertz.

One time at Hertz I told the agent I was going on a date, and he actually took the car I was assigned and ran it through the wash an extra time I could never see that happening at Avis.

-J.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.