Budget: notification of speeding ticket

Old Mar 2, 20, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Budget: notification of speeding ticket

The email I received today starts, "Dear customer, you recently rented a vehicle from Budget Rent a Car..."

If September 16, 2019 is recently, then yes.

It goes on to say I was issued a speeding ticket. It must have been via a camera because I was not pulled over anywhere.

I'm pretty sure the alleged incident was on a highway maybe in a construction zone because the speed limit was 50 km/hr according to the police report (all in Czech), many other cars, all passing me. I don't speed. I'm 54 years old, first, last and only speeding ticket issued was 21 years ago. I certainly don't speed in a foreign country where I don't speak the language.

Somehow Budget still has access to my credit card that I used on the rental. I lodged a dispute through them and also called my credit card company but the latter can't currently do anything.

Any suggestions as to how else to fight this?

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 20, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
I'd ask for a copy of the speeding complaint, which would have the dates, license plate number, make and model of the vehicle. Then compare it to your rental agreement to ensure it couldn't have been someone else driving it or a mixup in the system. I have definitely had Avis (same parent company) give me a receipt with the correct RA# but the wrong vehicle on it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: