Renting one-way for 1 day and returning in 6 hours

Old Feb 29, 20, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
Renting one-way for 1 day and returning in 6 hours

Renting one-way (Dallas to Houston) for 1 day and returning in 6 hours.

If I book for 6 hours, then I'm not able to apply Avis points to the reservation, so making the booking for 1 day and then it allows Avis points to be applied.

Will I be charged extra for returning the car early?

The terms and conditions state that no refunds will be given if the car is returned early, which is fine with me, but I've heard stories of extra charges for returning early so checking experiences.
Old Feb 29, 20, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by raj_cl View Post
Renting one-way (Dallas to Houston) for 1 day and returning in 6 hours.

If I book for 6 hours, then I'm not able to apply Avis points to the reservation, so making the booking for 1 day and then it allows Avis points to be applied.

Will I be charged extra for returning the car early?

The terms and conditions state that no refunds will be given if the car is returned early, which is fine with me, but I've heard stories of extra charges for returning early so checking experiences.
No, you won't be charged extra, unless you're using some obscure corporate rate with weird rules. Anything over 3 hours incurs a full day charge, so they don't care about anything over 3 hours.

The only normal circumstance you could be charged early is if you're using a weekend coupon that requires you to keep it over a Saturday night, and you return it on Saturday. But those coupons are usually only available for 2 day rentals.

In short, the answer is no - you'll be fine.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: