Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Weird pricing - log-in increases price, entering AWD even more so

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird pricing - log-in increases price, entering AWD even more so

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Question Weird pricing - log-in increases price, entering AWD even more so

There's something odd happening for avis.co.uk prices (for a rental in Croatia) at the moment:
  • Not logged in, no AWD: £100.39
  • Logged in (Preferred Plus), no AWD: £122.39
  • Logged in (Preferred Plus), with AWD (BA Gold): £133.39
It used to be the other way round which would seem more intuitive... What's going on here?

Any downside to just booking as a guest and then entering my details afterwards?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Happened to me before where my AWD rate and logged in (no AWD) rates are both higher than a guest rate/non-member rate.
When I did use a guest rate at SJU and tried to add my member number at the desk, they would not give me PC benefits unfortunately. YMMV.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kxc262
Happened to me before where my AWD rate and logged in (no AWD) rates are both higher than a guest rate/non-member rate.
When I did use a guest rate at SJU and tried to add my member number at the desk, they would not give me PC benefits unfortunately. YMMV.
Can you not get your booking linked upfront through Facebook support? I've done that with travel agent bookings before and it always worked fine...
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Happened to me many times, the BA code gives you a higher price (I think it's the extra points you are getting). I just signed up for another account without membership to get a lower price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.