Avis LAX Pricing

Old Jan 15, 20, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Diamond, Delta Gold
Avis LAX Pricing

Over the past few years of renting at LAX (mostly Hertz), prices tend to go down as the dates get closer. Previously I would book a prepaid rate and they would simply refund me a portion when I call to change the reservation time or the price went down. I've heard conflicting reports about whether or not Avis will do this. Of course all weeks are different, but I looked at the prices for the weeks leading up to my trip and a few weeks after and they seem to support this current trend of the prices falling as the date approaches.

Should I lock in a prepaid rate and modify it later if the price goes down or just wait?

Also, if I book an SUV because the price is lower, can I swap it for a sedan class?
Old Jan 15, 20, 1:28 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

Given how prices are so volatile, your best best bet is NOT to book a prepaid rate at all. Book the best pay-later deal you can and then track it with AutoSlash. We'll notify you anytime prices drop so you can re-book and take advantage of the savings. You'll save both time (letting us do the checking for you) and money, since we likely check more frequently than you can.

The rental companies have gotten more restrictive with their prepaid rates, so in most cases, unless you're a day or two before the pickup date, they're usually not worth it.
GW McLintock likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: