Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Adding Wizard number after making reservation raises rate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:23 am
Original Poster

I booked a reservation about a month ago and my Wizard number was left off the reservation.

Called in to the Preferred Plus line to add Wizard number and was informed the change would require a rebooking and thus increase my rate by 50%.

I've never had this happen with Hertz or National when my preferred renter status was left off.

Seems crazy that adding a frequent renter number would require an entirely new reservation.

Anyone else have this happen?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 5:10 am

It's common for Avis to quote a higher price online when you're logged in to your account, but you get around it by adding your wizard number in to the reservation details. I've never heard of a problem when calling. Try just going online and adding it to your reservation there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.