Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Preferred Number Not On Reservation, Can I Still Use Preferred Desk ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS

I have an Avis reservation made through British Airways for pickup at SJC San Jose Airport on Monday 27 July. During the online booking process BA were unable to add my Avis Preferred Number to the booking "because my credit card on the avis website had expired" (which was true, but it seems a strange reason). I have tried calling Avis in UK and USA and contacting them through Twitter and they are all unable to add the Preferred number to the booking either - they say only BA can do this as the original bookers, but I know BA will try to charge me for this or it will take so long on the phone that I will lose the will to live.

My query is whether I can go straight to the preferred desk (in the car park) to process my rental rather than joining the normal line at the main rental desk, even though my preferred number is not attached to the reservation ? After an 11 hour flight and immigration I am keen to use the benefit of fast pickup rather than a (possibly) long queue. Thanks for any advice.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I'm sure that you can, if you bring with your Avis Preferred membership card.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
Originally Posted by mikebg
I'm sure that you can, if you bring with your Avis Preferred membership card.
Thanks Mike, I managed to get BA to add it to the booking by calling the BA Holidays telephone number rather than the normal BA call centre number. They dealt with it very quickly and its all now showing on my Avis app. Happy Days.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
I had success at Las Vegas once doing this. For some crazy reason I had booked the car through Expedia without thought to my preferred #. I got to the airport and realized my mistake when I saw the crazy long line at the general counter. I went down to the preferred desk, and the guy attached my number to the reservation and got me a car.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
I'm pretty sure you can log into your preferred account then add the booking. I've done this before with 3rd party aggegator bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.