Search

What minivan at MCO?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AVIS Preferred Plus, SAS Eurobonus Silver
What minivan at MCO?

Hi guys
I am travelling to US for 3 weeks in July with my family (we are 5 persons). Pick up at Orlando airport and return at Fort Lauderdale.
We are arriving at 20:50 local time, but that is in the middle of the night for us, so I want to be as prepared as possible. I dont want to have to decide on anything at that time of the day ;-)

I have booked a minivan through AVIS Preferred Plus..

What car can I expect? It says Chrysler Pacifica or similar and what car is recommended in this class.

Do I get to choose for myself or is it just assigned to me?

I hope you can help, and this is the right forum.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:20 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Welcome!

Seems the Pacifica is most common these days, and best equipped minivan in the Avis fleet. You might also see a Sedona or the dreaded Grand Caravan.

If you're not preferred, you'll have to go to the counter instead of picking yourself. If they are out of vans (not common, but possible), they could try to sub an SUV. Unless it's a Tahoe or larger, I'd ask a lower rate/partial refund as vans have much more space and are a better ride for a group with luggage than an Explorer or similar size SUV.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks!
So I should go for a Pacifica?

I have booked as a Preferred Plus member so I can exchange the given car via Select and Go....right?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:07 am

The Pacifica is the nicest minivan on the market, followed by the Kia Sedona.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the feedback.

Can I expect Apple Carplay because then my navigation is solved :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.