Wiki Posts
Search

"Avis Points" instead of Freq Flyer Miles

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
"Avis Points" instead of Freq Flyer Miles

I have an issue with Avis. I did a recent rental. I used the AWD for the airline and I expected to get my miles as I put the frequent flyer number into the reservation.

On final close out I was not charged the FTP Fee and my miles never posted.

I contacted Avis and they tell me I earned Avis Preferred Points. I checked my profile and it is not set for that, and also I did not earn any such points on the rental.

I tried to go into the Avis site and see my receipt and a button shows up to add frequent traveler information but it wants a partner code and I don't know what that is, I tried the airline name, reward program name, etc. and nothing works.

I'm only missing standard points so it isn't a huge deal but these problems don't happen over at National or Alamo... always problems with Avis/Budget...
Old May 25, 2019, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by storewanderer
I have an issue with Avis. I did a recent rental. I used the AWD for the airline and I expected to get my miles as I put the frequent flyer number into the reservation.

On final close out I was not charged the FTP Fee and my miles never posted.

I contacted Avis and they tell me I earned Avis Preferred Points. I checked my profile and it is not set for that, and also I did not earn any such points on the rental.

I tried to go into the Avis site and see my receipt and a button shows up to add frequent traveler information but it wants a partner code and I don't know what that is, I tried the airline name, reward program name, etc. and nothing works.

I'm only missing standard points so it isn't a huge deal but these problems don't happen over at National or Alamo... always problems with Avis/Budget...
To which FFP did you attempt to credit the rental? Did you rent from an airport location, or a neighborhood location? Did your frequent-flyer number appear on your contract when you checked out the car?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.