Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Category in UK

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum
Luxury Category in UK

Shows up as a Mercedes E Class or similar on the website - anyone know what cars other than the E Class fall within this category?
Old May 8, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Jelly of the month club
I've previously been offered a choice between the E class, an Audi A6 Avant (which I took) or a Hyundai Santa Fe at the LHR station. Last time they were all out of the category so I was upgraded to a Volvo XC60.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: too many
that car group also included Volvo S90 and BMW 5-series
Old May 8, 2019, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ng1265
that car group also included Volvo S90 and BMW 5-series
Are you sure Avis UK actually have those on fleet? When I checked recently the E class was pretty much all they had in the category and I've never seen an S90 or a 5 series there (and I pass through a lot).
Old May 9, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: too many
saw a couple of 5-series when I last rented at LHR in 2017
Haven't seen an S90, but enquired last year about what vehicles could be in the fleet in the "E-class group", and I was told that E-class, A6, 5-series, S90 and another one I don't remember were on that list
One fun thing to note is that whilst the XC60 is a Select series in the UK, it's in the same group as the C-class in France (EDIT: not anymore)

Last edited by ng1265; May 9, 2019 at 3:23 am
Old May 14, 2019, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ng1265
saw a couple of 5-series when I last rented at LHR in 2017
2 years is a very long time when it comes to rental fleets.

They used to have BMWs on regular basis, and I've rented the 5 and the 3 series many times in the past, but they have't had these for a while now.

If you look at the fleet list on the website, all categories show a few examples in the category, except Executive automatic and Luxury Automatic which show the C class and E class but nothing else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.