Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Contact Avis for damage if have LDW?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Contact Avis for damage if have LDW?

My wife's Corolla lost a battle with a parking lot pillar when backing out and there's damage. This is the first time we've ever had damage on a rental vehicle, am I supposed to call Avis? It's fully driveable and since we have the LDW it should be no out of pocket for the loss, I just don't know if we need to alert them only for collisions or any damage.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:32 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

If there were no other drivers involved and the car is driveable, you can just deal with it at rental return. As you said, if you have the LDW, you shouldn't have any financial responsibility anyway as long as you weren't violating the terms of the rental contract (and it doesn't sound like you were).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.