FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   2019 List Your Upgrades (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/1948592-2019-list-your-upgrades.html)

IAHtraveler Jan 1, 2019 8:16 pm

2019 List Your Upgrades

Starting a new thread for 2019. Please include the following when posting your upgrade:
  • Your Avis status
  • Car/Class Assigned
  • Car/Class Received (if different from assigned vehicle)
  • Any Other Comments

LReyes66 Jan 6, 2019 12:47 pm

• Preferred plus
  • Iah
  • Intermediate
  • 19 Jeep compass
  • Received: Nissan titan pro 4x
Was in a mood for a roomy pick up for this week's rental but all they had on the exchange lot was frontier pro 4x this Sunday morming. The lot didn't have much crew cab pick ups but saw a recently cleaned titan pro 4x from the distance. Asked a agent if I could switch into it and had no problem just had to tell the gate agent. I find out it's the 2017 model amd when I turn it on that it had 51k miles on it! Thats ancient in rental car terms and the most I've seen on a rental in recent years. I glanced the lot one more time to see if they had any none base model crew cabs and had no luck and was running out of time so I just took it. I like the upgrade audio and still drives good but still 51k makes me uneasy lol.

rflor Jan 8, 2019 8:42 am

Preferred Plus
MCO
Booked: Full
Assigned: Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Received: Same

Was glad for this upgrade (shown as Intermediate SUV) as we had 4 suitcases. If you've never heard of the Eclipse Cross, think of it as a RAV4-type competitor. The cargo space was surprisingly good, fitting 4 suitcases and 2 backpacks without issue. That was the only redeeming quality as it was both underpowered and a stripped trim (manual car seats, even). The poor vehicle did ok under 40 MPH, but really struggled at highway speeds, especially with 4 passengers and a full trunk. At least it still smelled new as we got it with 169 miles on the odometer.

vishu4u Jan 23, 2019 12:44 pm

intermediate to Premium

• Preferred
  • Long Beach
  • Booked via company travel portal ( business)
  • December - 2 weeks
  • Intermediate
  • Got premium - VW Passat; upgrade by 2 levels

kxc262 Jan 24, 2019 7:51 pm

• Status - PC
  • Location - MCI
  • Booked - Full size
  • Assigned - Lincoln MKX (Luxury) with 25k miles

Filthy Monkey Jan 26, 2019 9:22 pm

• Presidents Club
  • MiMi airport
  • Mustang convertible (Intermediate? )
  • Corvette
  • No upgrade had been assigned so when I got to the Preferred desk I asked for a Corvette and got one ^

Aaron Yim Jan 29, 2019 12:58 am

No Status.
SEA.
Booked: Midsize
Assigned: Nissan Sentra - was told that they got a lot of these recently.
Received: Kia Optima.

Was originally assigned an Elantra after begging for something that wasn't a Sentra, but someone smoked in it >> hence the upgrade.
Was offered a Camry LE, Fusion Hybrid, Malibu, and Optima.

CMK10 Jan 30, 2019 1:56 pm

• Preferred
  • New Bern Airport (EWN)
  • Full Size
  • None
  • Ford Flex Limited
  • This was a one way rental with a drop off at RDU Airport. They gave me this awful Flex with 38,000 miles and Indiana plates with a bonus 5/8s full tank. I have bad luck with one-way Avis rentals.

Seaon Mar 3, 2019 9:08 am

YYC Feb

• Status - PP
  • Location - YYC
  • Booked - W class SUV
  • Assigned - jeep grand cherokee

Tried to get a upgrade but no. They wanted to give me a Mercedes SUV but for 70 $/day..

mmoser2 Mar 5, 2019 11:03 am

• Status - PP
  • Location - PDX
  • Booked - Premium Car
  • Assigned - 2018 VW Passat with 34k miles
  • Received : 2018 Ford Flex Limited AWD with 16k miles
Checked the app and saw the Flex as a free swap, but hoping for better I went to the counter. Agent said she could give me a Ram1500. I asked if it was the new model, she said yes, so I agreed to take it. Got to the spot and it was the old model with 40k miles on it. Went on the app and swapped to the Flex.

rwarren5 Mar 7, 2019 9:09 am

• Status - Preferred
  • Location - PHX
  • Booked - Intermediate
  • Assigned - 2019 Nissan Sentra
  • Received : 2019 VW Passat w/ 900 miles
Deplaned and checked the app. Only option other than Sentra was free upgrade to the Passat (Premium Car), so I jumped on that. Great car, 2.0 turbo with a lot of options. Sunroof was great for enjoying the weather and the carplay option came in handy navigating traffic.

das_ubersoldat Mar 20, 2019 3:22 pm

• Status - PC
  • Location - MUC
  • Booked - K - Compact Automatic
  • Assigned - F - Volvo XC90
  • Received : F- Volvo XC90

kstateinALB Mar 21, 2019 7:37 am

• Status - Preferred Plus
  • Location - MDW
  • Booked - Compact
  • Assigned - nothing
  • Received : 2019 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
Checked the app when I landed, and it said to head to the counter. Got up there - they were basically out of cars and just giving everyone something. The agent asked the person ahead of me if they wanted a Mustang, and they declined. I asked for it and he typed it in and gave me the keys. Definitely a great ride on the open Illinois interstates.

rwarren5 Mar 21, 2019 11:19 am

• Status - Preferred
  • Location - SNA
  • Booked - Intermediate
  • Assigned - 2018 F150 XLT 4x4 w/16,000 miles
Previous renter towed with this truck, and it seemed a lot of renters did as the transmission felt clunky. Truck had heated seats and carplay, but when trying to play music through carplay it was choppy at best. Ended up with a flat rear tire and they swapped me out for a 2wd Frontier with even more miles.

gobluetwo Mar 22, 2019 8:51 pm

class booked: intermediate
Dates: first 3 weeks of March
Cars assigned: Dodge journey GT: Dodge journey GT; Tahoe

First week was a red journey with 6 miles. The next week was a black journey with 6 miles. The third week, I was assigned a Chevy Tahoe with 153 miles. I guess they just got s bunch of new cars delivered. Late last year, I also received an Nissan Maxima at CVG.

Dates: 2 consecutive weeks in February
cars assigned Jeep Wrangler; Toyota Tacoma

Both times, requested intermediate. Really worked out the second time with the Tacoma because I took time to go snowboard at Tahoe after a higher snow storm with chain control in place.

All these took place over the past 2 months