2019 List Your Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Preferred Plus
DEN
Booked XC90 or similar
Assigned Yukon SLT
Simply asked the agent at the Preferred counter if there were any other options available and they let me take a Mercedes GLS 450 for no extra charge.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
PC
SJC
Booked full sized
Assigned - Dodge Journey AWD
App allowed swapping into Chrysler 300.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
PC
MCI
Booked full size
Assigned - GMC Arcadia
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:08 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Preferred
PIR (one way to RAP)
Booked Intermediate
Assigned a Chevy Equinox LT

Nice upgrade and one I really appreciated.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:22 am

Preferred Plus
CMH
Booked: Ford Fusion or similar (Full size)
Assigned: Mitsubishi Outlander
Received: Dodge Durango GT

The app offered me the Durango, a VW Atlas, or a Pacifica at no additional cost. After arriving, they had a Charger R/T and a base Mustang in the Select & Go spaces
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Preferred Plus
MCO
Booked: Full Size (E: Malibu or similar)
Assigned & Received: Nissan Maxima (G: Premium)
Had to go to the desk for some reason, so no app selection. Not a bad ride on the Turnpike with some giddy up.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PP
Preferred Plus
RNO
Booked: Intermediate
Assigned & Received: Toyota Highlander AWD
Not assigned in advance and couldn't select in the app. Went to the desk, they asked if I wanted an SUV and I took it.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Avis Preferred
Preferred
STL
Booked: Standard
Assigned: Mazda CX-5
Received: 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid

We were going to take the Mazda but someone had clearly recently smoked in it and the detailers had not cleaned it out well, as the cup holders and the center console, in general, was covered with some kind of sticky residue. When I asked about switching, they offered an Equinox, Mitsubishi Outlander, or Dodge Journey. It was just two of us going on a road trip so we asked if there were any cars available (for the gas mileage) and were pleasantly surprised with a Fusion Hybrid. We got 42 mpg and were quite comfortable for our trip.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:14 am

Preferred
DEN
Booked: Premium
Assigned: Dodge Charger R/T

On the invoice the car category supplied is shown as "X". Avis UK does still show vehicle groups, but X is not one of the groups they list; however, on the US website the Charger R/T is the "or similar" for Standard Elite Coupe, the same group as, for example, Mustang GT & Camaro SS. A useful upgrade from the normal Taurus or Impala!
m907 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: Marriot Ambassador ; Delta Diamond ; Avis President's Club ; National Exec Elite
Here are some recent upgrades:

PC
CLT (one way to RDU)
Booked: Full (corp rate)
Received: Volvo XC60

PC
RDU
Received: Toyota 4Runner

PC
HOU
Received: Ford Mustang Convertible in burnt orange....made my weekend excursion must more enjoyable! They also dropped me off curbside at the terminal upon my return, which I wasn't even aware was a benefit of PC (if feasible at that Avis location).
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PP
Preferred Plus
PNS
Assigned & Received: Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4 Door
Assigned in advance. Other options (Mazda3, Hyundai Sonata) in the app required an upgrade fee, so I kept the Jeep.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Preferred
PHL
Assigned and Received: Subcompact, Hyundai Accent.

Gave feedback to Avis.com and they made it right with a credit and free night cert.

First time I've ever been downgraded.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by slpybear
Preferred
PHL
Assigned and Received: Subcompact, Hyundai Accent.

Gave feedback to Avis.com and they made it right with a credit and free night cert.

First time I've ever been downgraded.
That's what you get for being a Sox fan

-J.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriot Ambassador ; Delta Diamond ; Avis President's Club ; National Exec Elite
Tonight’s upgrade:
PC
CLT (one way to RDU)
Booked: Full (corp rate)
Received: Dodge Durango
Switched to a Lincoln MKT AWD

Asked for another Volvo XC60 but they didn’t have any available.

Small rant but the Preferred desk member (seemed to be training) messed up my payment and had to re-do the reservation. No problem. The manager ended up taking over, but not once did they apologize nor thanked me for being a PC. Again not a big deal but I wished Avis had better customer service and perks for their elites! I’m always thanked for and treated well majority of the time as a Delta DM and Marriott Ambassador.

Wondering if I should status match to National or Enterprise....anyone had better experiences overall outside Avis?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by rubey419
Small rant but the Preferred desk member (seemed to be training) messed up my payment and had to re-do the reservation. No problem. The manager ended up taking over, but not once did they apologize nor thanked me for being a PC. Again not a big deal but I wished Avis had better customer service and perks for their elites! I’m always thanked for and treated well majority of the time as a Delta DM and Marriott Ambassador.

Wondering if I should status match to National or Enterprise....anyone had better experiences overall outside Avis?
Depends on the location (with Avis). Some cities consistently recognize my status, whereas others (I would say the majority) consistently don't.

National is fantastic 90% of the time. The other 10% they are okay... it's a tossup.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.