Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

How does Avis verify domestic partner for additional drivers?

Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

My girl and I live together going on over 3 years now and we plan on taking a road trip this holiday via Avis rental. I'm a preferred plus member if that means anything. Anyways, adding a additional driver is free if adding a spouse or domestic partner.

How does Avis verify us, if at all, as domestic partners? Even though we have lived at our apartment complex for 3+ years, we didn't deem it necessary to go thru the hassle of changing address at the DMV/dps as both our license expires in 2019-2020 anyways. We split the bills at our apartment but most of them is under my name. The only thing I can think of that is proof weve lived together is our leasing contract .
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:47 am

You could just marry her...
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:55 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

As a domestic partner/spouse/coworker, Avis doesn't require you to add them as a second driver. They can just drive, but they'll investigate if there's an accident where the partner was at the wheel. Avis requires both of your driver's licenses to have the same address for insurance coverage in cases like this, so other "shared expenses" won't cut it.
AutoSlash likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.