avis underage policy

Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
avis underage policy

hello everyone! i will be renting for my first time from avis next week. i wanted to know how strict they are with letting out nice cars, ie volvo, mustangs.... to ppl under 25? thanks in advance!
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:34 am

YMMV, it often depends on location and attitude of the employee on the day. They mostly give you trouble over SUVs rather than cars, even when the cars are more expensive. But when I rented from places when I was under 25, Avis/Budget seemed to give me the least trouble about it.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Bronze, AVIS Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Joonydell
hello everyone! i will be renting for my first time from avis next week. i wanted to know how strict they are with letting out nice cars, ie volvo, mustangs.... to ppl under 25? thanks in advance!
It depends on the location and country and the exact category you like to rent. Easiest way is to do a dummy booking on the local avis side and type in your exact age. Is is available online, it also should be available for your age when you show up.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:00 am

Why not join AAA and rent with Hertz, so you won't have to pay an underage fee?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Like others have stated, YMMV. SLC knew me very well because our company was renting out 20-30 cars every week. Before I turned 25, they would let me take almost anything within reason.

When I turned 25, the branch manager gave me a 5-series (requested it for my birthday).
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.