Wiki Posts
Search

President’s Club Europe: US upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis President’s Club
President’s Club Europe: US upgrade?

I have a booking in Orlando (MCO) for a Standard SUV. Can I expect an upgrade as a President’s Club member from Europe? If so will this happen automatically, or do I need to request it?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt, Wyndham, National
Originally Posted by Pedro32561
I have a booking in Orlando (MCO) for a Standard SUV. Can I expect an upgrade as a President’s Club member from Europe? If so will this happen automatically, or do I need to request it?
I have made mixed experiences. From 2-class upgrades to no upgrade. Some agents do not know the different status levels well and it is a pain to explain it to them. They always tell you based on availability when the website and app allow me to book a car in the higher class.
In addition, the Avis app is not working for me in the US with my European account, so no automatic upgrades.
Pedro32561 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Pedro32561
I also found mixed experiences of getting upgrades. Though when they upgraded their IT systems and you get an email informing of car location and type this was always with a decent upgrade.
Pedro32561 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
There is no difference between a European based President Club member and a US based one.

Just make sure your wizard number is on the system and you should be ok, although as always it's based on availbility, and you cannot ask for an upgrade in advance.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by clubman
There is no difference between a European based President Club member and a US based one.

Just make sure your wizard number is on the system and you should be ok, although as always it's based on availbility, and you cannot ask for an upgrade in advance.
Well there definitely was a difference in terms of getting upgrades having a european based account as I said above. An agent confirmed this to me at the desk and said that the loyalty programs are not consistent worldwide. This issue seems to have been corrected a bit with the IT upgrade in the US and as I said my presidents club status was then picked up automatically and I received regular upgrades from then on.

Obviously qualification for presidents club in US and europe differ along with the loyalty program rewards are significantly different (no avis points in europe). Try asking a european avis preferred member for their 'wizard' number and see the blank stare of incomprehension you get.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
one data point. two weeks ago, I picked up a car at the Cologne Hauptbahnhoff as a US PC. Reserved full size - was given a Mercedes GL 350 AMG - had fun cruising the autobahn!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Hope I can post it here as it's on a related note: I'm trying to book a vehicle for FRA on the US site because it's coming up much much cheaper than using either the UK or DE sites, but if I put my UK wizard number on the US site it changes the currency to GBP and jacks the price up by adding lots of insurances that I cannot deselect.

So if I book on the US site without inputting my Wizard number to get the cheapest rate, I guess that this booking won't be related to my wizard number and so I won't get my Presidents Club upgrade or have the rental count towards my yearly Avis total for keeping PC membership?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
Originally Posted by Mackle
Hope I can post it here as it's on a related note: I'm trying to book a vehicle for FRA on the US site because it's coming up much much cheaper than using either the UK or DE sites, but if I put my UK wizard number on the US site it changes the currency to GBP and jacks the price up by adding lots of insurances that I cannot deselect.

So if I book on the US site without inputting my Wizard number to get the cheapest rate, I guess that this booking won't be related to my wizard number and so I won't get my Presidents Club upgrade or have the rental count towards my yearly Avis total for keeping PC membership?
Would it work out to book first and then add the President's Club number after confirmation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.