Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium SUV

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Premium SUV

I have pre paid for a premium SUV. Picking up in Anaheim. I would prefer the 7 seater (2nd row captain seats). Any suggestions on how I could ensure to get this configuration?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:25 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Ask when you get there. Or walk the lot and see what they have and then request it. Otherwise, not really any way of ensuring you get it, unfortunately.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Is it worth using the Avis app to swipe for what you want?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by doss1
Is it worth using the Avis app to swipe for what you want?
Even though the APP is giving the ability to change, normally the cars I get in the counter are better than the one the APP offers me.
Cheers!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Circusplaza
Even though the APP is giving the ability to change, normally the cars I get in the counter are better than the one the APP offers me.
Cheers!
Most likely because you're a PC member. When I first got the Avis app and after any updates, the app pops up and says basically "We try to assign you the best car possible. As a CHM, the app might not display the best cars so feel free to come to the counter to trade." I'd guess the situation is the same for PC members.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Just want to share my experience using Avis. The pick up at Anaheim. I was given the key and driven by the staff to nearby parking garage where the vehicle was located. My premium SUV turned out to be a Tahoe. I was expecting a suburban or similar. The staff who dropped me off said this is all they had. We decided to take it as needed to get on the road for next destination. After 10 mins on the road, noticed dog smell in he vehicle and dog hair all over. We are allergic to dogs, so I stopped to get the car cleaned. Still had the smell. After reaching destination in San Diego. Called the customer service and managed to get the car changed at the airport location. It was quick and efficient. But still no premium SUV in stock as I ordered, so settled for another Tahoe.

Overall intial experience with avis Anaheim was poor but good experience with the other offices. I would avoid using Avis Anaheim office every again.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:46 pm

I'd see if you can replicate the rate you got for a phantom booking. Then see the pricd difference between the Full Size SUV ("Tahoe or similar" per Avis.com) and the Premium ("Suburban"). Then request the difference (plus the taxes/fees) from Avis. You booked one thing and were given an obviously lower class based upon their website. They'd have a hard time arguing it was "or similar" if they are charging more for a different class since they gave you their example of the smaller class.
m907 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Alexeva
Just want to share my experience using Avis. The pick up at Anaheim. I was given the key and driven by the staff to nearby parking garage where the vehicle was located. My premium SUV turned out to be a Tahoe. I was expecting a suburban or similar. The staff who dropped me off said this is all they had. We decided to take it as needed to get on the road for next destination. After 10 mins on the road, noticed dog smell in he vehicle and dog hair all over. We are allergic to dogs, so I stopped to get the car cleaned. Still had the smell. After reaching destination in San Diego. Called the customer service and managed to get the car changed at the airport location. It was quick and efficient. But still no premium SUV in stock as I ordered, so settled for another Tahoe.

Overall intial experience with avis Anaheim was poor but good experience with the other offices. I would avoid using Avis Anaheim office every again.
I don't rent from Avis much, but did they have anything better than the Tahoe? If so, they should have given you that. Even if it is a category above what you reserved, cause they gave you something lower.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

I asked what else they had. Nothing in the premium suv class. Options in San Diego was Tahoe 3 colour choices or Ford Expedition.

Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If you want choice, don't rent off-airport. Generally these stations don't have the inventory or vehicle turnover of a busy airport location.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Alexeva
I asked what else they had. Nothing in the premium suv class. Options in San Diego was Tahoe 3 colour choices or Ford Expedition.

I would've gone with the expedition especially if it was a 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.