Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to address Complaints?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Angry How to address Complaints?

I received the worst car ever in HI this week.

Our flight was delayed and I was late for an appt. The line for the desk at the airport location was out the door. My name was on the board so I just went to my spot and left with the assigned vehicle. We saw all the rusted scrapes and scratches on the exterrior and had the agent at the gate scribble random notes and marks on the contract.

The car had not been cleaned from the last renter. It was covered in caked on mud and sand was everywhere. The Interior carpet was separating from the floorboards and it smelled bad. Yes, it was a Jeep but I had just dropped off the same vehicle in just fine condition on another Hawaiian island.

We were being hosted by some clients who drove most of the week but when it was my turn to drive, I was completely embarrassed as the seats and chassis squeaked and rattled. They could not believe this was an Avis rental and not "Cheapo Auto". Great!

I tried to call the local office to register a complaint and got a busy signal for hours. I called the 800# customer service. After a ridiculous negotiation, I was told the most they would do was a $30 credit ($400/5 day rental) but then he disconnected me and that offer was not reflected on my receipt on return of the car.

I am Avis Preferred and a regular customer that has never lodged such a complaint. What is the best avenue have this issue addressed?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Well, you could go on the website where it says "customer service - Have a compliment or a complaint?" and fill that web form in. That saves the calls you made. But, frankly, you were delayed by someone else and because you were late, you accepted a product which you ordinarily would not have accepted.

For a bit of dirt, I doubt that you will see more than $30.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:01 am
Original Poster

The vehicle was more than just dirty. It was banged up, rusty and the shocks squeaked like a "jalopy". The interior was falling apart, smelled and some accessories did not work .
Not up to Avis' standard IMO.

There is no place on the website to submit feedback on anything other than the website itself. I was bounced around from department to department on the phone while I still had the car and after it it was returned, they continued to give me the run-around. Staff at the crowded rental location was overwhelmed at both ends.

I will let the issue go as my time is worth more but that is the reason I posted the question here.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:44 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by msk6261
There is no place on the website to submit feedback on anything other than the website itself.
You very definitely can submit feedback on an Avis rental experience. We do it all the time on behalf of our customers. Direct link to the form here:

https://www.avis.com/en/customer-ser...ling-enquiries

There's also this one more specifically for feedback about a rental location, but the link above is the one we use (since most of the time we're dealing with billing complaints):

https://www.avis.com/en/customer-ser...tions-policies

All of those are accessed by going to Help > Customer Service > Comments & Feedback > choosing the feedback type from the "Change Topic" pop-up menu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.