Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Budget Prepaid rental question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Another Budget Prepaid rental question

Hi, I had a prepaid rental a few weeks ago that I modified a week before it was to begin and moved it up a week. The price difference was $9.18 lower after the modification. I thought the differences are automatically refunded or is that not correct with prepaid rentals? I called Budget several times on this because I haven't seen any refund come through yet. Each time I've called they have said yes you are due a refund but on my last call this morning to complain why is the refund taking so long the CS rep started out by saying "hmm.. those are usually automatic, let me check it out:' and then came back on the line a minute later saying it is still "in progress" but it will be refunded. I kind of complained about why is this taking so long, its been over 2 weeks since I turned my car in and then he changed his tune and said "well we are refunding you as a one-time courtesy." So what's the correct story, If you modify a prepaid so it winds up being less than what you paid are you due a refund? I'm about 98% sure I have had refunds like this before with prepaid rentals or are you not entitled to any refunds if you modify a prepaid reservation?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:50 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Curious what makes you think you'd get a refund? Is it printed anywhere?

Budget.com doesn't mention any refund about over-paying a rental. Link here
Originally Posted by Budget.com
With Budget, you can change most things on your pre-paid reservation on budget.com or at the counter at any time, even multiple times, with no fee. If changes affect the total rate of the rental, the prepayment amount will not change. Underpayments will be handled at the counter at time of rental return. If the change is to the rental location and the new location doesn’t accept pre-paid reservations, the pre-paid reservation will be canceled and rebooked at prevailing rates. In such an instance, you will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. Read more about changing your prepaid reservation then make a prepaid reservation today.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:37 am

I've done prepaid with Budget and had price change, no refund just credit on the return of the car as IAHTraveler posted.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Just wanted to update everyone that I did finally get the overpayment refund posted to my CC. I only had to call 3 times about it. As IAHtraveler posted its not explicitly addressed in their prepaid policy but its probably one of those things that they are going to make you call to try and get it.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 7:27 am

What number did you call? I’m going through the same ........

Originally Posted by Jeff050
Just wanted to update everyone that I did finally get the overpayment refund posted to my CC. I only had to call 3 times about it. As IAHtraveler posted its not explicitly addressed in their prepaid policy but its probably one of those things that they are going to make you call to try and get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.