2018: List your upgrades

Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
Reserved: Mid-size - Group E
Assigned: Nissan Qashqai (Group F), which changed to a Mercedes C Class (also Group F) before I arrived to collect the car.
Received: The Merc.

Overall a lovely car, but I HATE the infotainment system. I'd rather just use a touch screen, or even old-fashioned buttons. Also, given the snowy weather in the UK at the weekend, I didn't get to use the car to it's full potential.
The C-class in the same group as the Qashqai now? weird
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by ng1265
The C-class in the same group as the Qashqai now? weird
Apparently so.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:24 am

PP
YYZ
Booked : Full-size Car
Assigned : Black CHRYSLER 300S V6
Received : Black BMW 530i

I asked for it, and surprisingly no upgrade charge. I have all weekend with it.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Class Booked: D - Volvo V40
Car/Class Assigned: unknown
Car/Class Received: J - Volvo XC60

The XC60 was far from its home base of Kiruna (1,200 km away). As a result, it came with proper studded winter tyres.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:51 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rtch92
PP
YYZ
Booked : Full-size Car
Assigned : Black CHRYSLER 300S V6
Received : Black BMW 530i

I asked for it, and surprisingly no upgrade charge. I have all weekend with it.
When I went to YYZ a few weeks ago mid-week, they only had BMWs, Audis and large SUVS on the lot. Anyone with a car or small SUV rental got a 3/5 series or X3/X5.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt, Wyndham, National
Class Booked: F
Car/Class Received: Lincoln MKT (I needed AWD and that was the only available car)

Class Booked: F
Car/Class Received: Mustang GT (I didn't need trunk space this time and the lot didn't have a lot of SUV either)
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Class Booked: Full Size SUV
Car/Class Assigned: 2017 Ford Expedition XLT.
Car/Class Received: swapped for a 2017 Tahoe Premier 4x4 after noticing the taillight and turn signal were out.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: too many
Class Booked: B (Economy, second-lowest class)
Car/Class Assigned: J, Jeep Renegade
Car/Class Received: swapped for a 2018 Nissan X-trail Group K after noticing a broken license plate light and taillight
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:48 am

PP
YYZ
Booked : Full Size
Assigned : White VOLSWAGEN JETTA
Received : Purple CHEVROLET TRAVERSE

They had like seven pull in at once, two in the back, two in the front, two went on the Budget side and then one to the Exchange part.

Took the key as soon as I saw it and locked the doors, had the agent at the desk immediately switch me into it. When I was leaving I realized it had 20 KM on it. Brand new, LT trim.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Chairman
CLE
Assigned : Ford Edge
Received : Chevy Tahoe then GMC Yukon

Arrived at 8:30pm and was assigned the Edge in the furthest possible spot from the door. Saw the car didn't have Nav, so I went inside (Preferred booth was closed). Got the Tahoe only to find out that it had a flat tire. Ended up in the Yukon which actually was very nice.

Pretty much par for the course at CLE. I really dislike having to rent from that location. The upgrades are weak and they don't seem to notice when their vehicles have issues on the lot.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Chairman
CLE
Assigned : Ford Edge
Received : Chevy Tahoe then GMC Yukon

Arrived at 8:30pm and was assigned the Edge in the furthest possible spot from the door. Saw the car didn't have Nav, so I went inside (Preferred booth was closed). Got the Tahoe only to find out that it had a flat tire. Ended up in the Yukon which actually was very nice.

Pretty much par for the course at CLE. I really dislike having to rent from that location. The upgrades are weak and they don't seem to notice when their vehicles have issues on the lot.

Why not use Apple Carplay or Android auto? Just curious to the reasoning or it didn't have sync 3?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:31 pm

Class Booked: G - Volvo V60 or similar
Car/Class Assigned: Ford Focus STW Automatic (only class E according to Avis fleet list. assigned already evening before. immediately complained to station and branch manager. next morning a mercedes was assigned :-)
Car/Class Received: L - Mercedes E Class 200D Sport Sedan
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by Closingracer
Why not use Apple Carplay or Android auto? Just curious to the reasoning or it didn't have sync 3?
Not sure if it had sync or not. I didn't check. Honestly, I hadn't thought about using Carplay, I'll give that a check next time. Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: Avis PC AmexPL Hertz5str MarriottPlt NetJets NationalEE InspiratoMember
Status PC
Booked Luxury
Assigned BMW 5 series
Took Jaguar F-Type no additional Charge
Location DFW
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Jan 2018
Booked: Luxury (Mercedes E Class)
Received: Alfa Romeo Stelvio

Lovely car to drive, big enough for 4 adults and luggage for skiing (no skis). On returning, the check-in guy tried to charge me for damage where one of the plastic covers on the front grill (5cm x 10cm) had fallen off. This was as a result of poor fitting, not driving! Spoke to the rental agent in the office who immediately took off the charges, said she would complain about the check-in staff (they are central to the airport, not the rental companies) because it wasn't the first time the same issue had been reported through no fault of the driver.

Feb 2018
Booked: Group E (e.g. Hyundai i30)
Received: Group D Citroen Picasso

Was in a rush so didn't complain. Group D was more expensive than Group E but not sure it was an upgrade! Picasso drove like a dog - would not take one again.

Feb 2018
Booked: Group C Nissan Duke
Received: Group G Peugeot 308 SW Hdi 5DR

Great wee car; nippy and very comfortable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.