Changing credit card in the middle of rental

Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Changing credit card in the middle of rental

Hello

My house has been burglarized and Ill have to start a rental with my debit card next week. My credit card which offers CDW will arrive a day later. I have two questions:

- Will Avis allow me to change the credit card info after the start of the rental and reprint the rental agreement?

- Can I cancel the additional insurance if I opt in for CDW with Avis until the time I get the credit card info update, ie they would charge me only for the number of days until I request to remove coverage

thank you

F
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:45 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Nope and nope. You can change cards when you return the rental car, but if you pickup with one/return with another, neither will offer coverage as they all say (that I've seen) that the rental must be initiated and closed with the same card. And you can either opt in or out of the insurance for the whole rental, not a partial. Seems like your best bet is to:
1. See if they will expedite your card to arrive sooner, or
2. Take the first car for a day (or until you have your new card). Then go return it, re-rent with the new card.

Good luck and sorry for your misfortunes!
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
You can just do two separate rentals: one with the Debit card for a day or two then go back return that car and start another new rental using the desired CDW-offering credit card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.