FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   Retrospective rental credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/1847214-retrospective-rental-credit.html)

mickeyjaw Jun 9, 2017 9:59 am

Retrospective rental credit

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I searched and couldn't find anything.

I've had quite a few rentals with Avis this year and was wondering if there is any way to credit these to my new preferred account retrospectively?

I know quite a few airlines let you credit flights flown up to 6 months before you signed up but is such a thing possible with Avis rentals?

kb9522 Jun 12, 2017 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 28422849)
Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I searched and couldn't find anything.

I've had quite a few rentals with Avis this year and was wondering if there is any way to credit these to my new preferred account retrospectively?

I know quite a few airlines let you credit flights flown up to 6 months before you signed up but is such a thing possible with Avis rentals?

What did they say when you called?

mickeyjaw Jun 14, 2017 7:26 am

Originally Posted by kb9522 (Post 28435396)
What did they say when you called?

I haven't called yet, I was hoping to arm myself with a story of someone else's success first!

Oh, well I guess I'll call in and give it a go...

kb9522 Jun 14, 2017 10:31 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 28441209)
I haven't called yet, I was hoping to arm myself with a story of someone else's success first!

Oh, well I guess I'll call in and give it a go...

What's the worst that could happen?

I've never had to do it for Avis, but with National/Enterprise they will (grudgingly and reluctantly) do it if you fax them each bill. But the context of this case was when the accounts weren't linked at the time of the rental...

mickeyjaw Jun 15, 2017 9:52 am

Well I just logged in to my preferred account and it seems there is a 'claim missing rentals' button on the 'my account' page. I could have sworn it wasn't there when I looked before :confused:

Oh well, 5 claims lodged - wish me luck!

docbert Jun 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 28446347)
Well I just logged in to my preferred account and it seems there is a 'claim missing rentals' button on the 'my account' page. I could have sworn it wasn't there when I looked before :confused:

Oh well, 5 claims lodged - wish me luck!

It's been there for at least about 6 months - I discovered it when I'd obviously missed putting my FF details on one rental, and it showed that option for it.

Worked fine for me, and the miles posted a few days later.

I'm not sure exactly how it works for a rental which has an FF fee (mine didn't)...

mickeyjaw Jun 21, 2017 8:12 am

Status update:

3 of the claims have been processed and accepted, still waiting on the rest.

Have now received my free weekend rental voucher and my free upgrade voucher...