Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Filing my expense report on hold - waiting for e-Tolls total

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:22 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Does anyone else share this frustration?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:22 pm

Yeah, that was one of the biggest reasons I went for an EZ-pass in my travel bag. I can log onto the portal and print a receipt within a day or two (some states take a tad longer to report). Not too frustrating now that VA doesn't charge a maintenance fee every month.

The only problem is when I travel to a state that isn't supported by my transponder, kind of frustrating.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Yup, I got an EZ pass as well. I got pissed at Avis charging the daily usage fee on days that no tolls registered.
Old May 2, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Does anyone else share this frustration?

Yes. The processing takes far too long.

I usually end up submitting these expenses in a follow on report.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
The worst is when your tolls finally post, and you submit your expense report... and then Avis follows up with another $2.10 toll charge two days later
Old May 22, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Yup, I got an EZ pass as well. I got pissed at Avis charging the daily usage fee on days that no tolls registered.

Isn't that how it works with every company? National/Enterprise/Alamo you pat per day, week or a flat rate.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Yep. I got my toll receipt from December '16 today....
Old May 26, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Closingracer
Isn't that how it works with every company? National/Enterprise/Alamo you pat per day, week or a flat rate.
Pretty much, but just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean we should blindly accept it. Especially if you can use your own EZPass.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:09 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
For those of you who bring their own EZ Pass with them, do you have to log on to the website and change the car/license plate number that is registered to the pass every time?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
For those of you who bring their own EZ Pass with them, do you have to log on to the website and change the car/license plate number that is registered to the pass every time?
No. But if there is an issue reading the tag, the bill will go to Avis instead of you.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
I still try to remember to do so, but it doesn't matter. The way the E-ZPass system is set up, the first entity to register the license plate is the one on record in the system, not the last (like other systems), so unless the rental agency has not registered the car at all, adding it to your E-ZPass account doesn't really make a difference.

(And yes, I can confirm this personally, as I was charged by PlatePass when my transponder didn't read entering the PA Turnpike a few years ago.)
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:44 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Interesting. Thanks for the responses. ^
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus - Premier Gold, Star Alliance Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist, Avis Preferred Plus
I just take my own EZ pass with me and simply expense the company whatever I was charged. I also take my own Nuvi Garmin GPS with me so as to not have to rent a Nuvi Garmin GPS from the rental car company.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.