Search

Neighborhood Avis PCAR @ Humble, Tx

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond | IHG Platinum
Neighborhood Avis PCAR @ Humble, Tx

Hi all,

Tempted to rent from a neighborhood Avis that's right outside IAH next month to avoid airport fees. Saw a good rate for a premium car but curious how things can go. I've called a few locations and asked if they had any premium cars on the lot, they told me they don't but could have one moved there the next day. What's the likelihood they move one versus just "upgrading" me into an intermediate SUV? (would prefer a loaded sedan vs a base SUV)

I've also heard of experiences at Hertz Local Editions where they downgraded the reservation without really giving much compensation.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:55 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Avis near IAH always pulled cars for me from the airport. But the last I did that was a few years ago, so things could've changed. I would suggest going for the local station. If they downgrade you or give you crap, just hop over to IAH and swap it for something in your category.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:06 pm

Not an Avis experience but I rented from National in s local location with a premium reservation and they had to pull a 2017 Nissan Maxima to thr location for my rental. If you reserve premium I don't expect less....
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:39 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
If you call the day before your reservation and tell the agent what you are looking for (i.e. a nicely loaded sedan instead of a SUV), they'll likely do what they can to accommodate you.

A local location in NC that I frequent has told me that on several occasions that if you swap cars at the airport, then the airport gets the rental fees and not the local location, so they want to avoid swap outs as much as possible...
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by NDDomer86
A local location in NC that I frequent has told me that on several occasions that if you swap cars at the airport, then the airport gets the rental fees and not the local location, so they want to avoid swap outs as much as possible...
Very good point. I've been told on multiple occasions that the last place of swap gets the revenue. A local ATL location LOVES when I need a swap (especially on a monthly rental). I call and they gladly go to ATL and get what I want and have it ready.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond | IHG Platinum
Thanks for the feedback everybody. Is the Ford Taurus or Chrysler 300 still the primary PCAR in the Avis/Budget Fleet (especially at IAH?). In your experience, how would you rank these PCARs from Most common to Least? (I've seen a few comments in the "What will i get thread?"). Much appreciated!

Ford Taurus
Chrysler 300
Toyota Avalon
Hyundai Azera
Kia Cadenza
Volkswagen CC
Buick LaCrosse
Nissan Maxima
Volvo S60
Volvo V60.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Wanderlust_Flyer
Thanks for the feedback everybody. Is the Ford Taurus or Chrysler 300 still the primary PCAR in the Avis/Budget Fleet (especially at IAH?). In your experience, how would you rank these PCARs from Most common to Least? (I've seen a few comments in the "What will i get thread?"). Much appreciated!

Ford Taurus
Chrysler 300
Toyota Avalon
Hyundai Azera
Kia Cadenza
Volkswagen CC
Buick LaCrosse
Nissan Maxima
Volvo S60
Volvo V60.
In the US, Taurus is most common with some 300s and LaCrosses. Volvos and Maximas are less common but not quite "rare". I've probably seen 1 Avalon in the last year. No CCs, Azeras or Cadenzas in over a year, unfortunately, as all 3 were nice cars and loaded.

In Canada, 300 is much more common than the Taurus. Otherwise, comments would be the same.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:36 pm

You will probably be upgraded to a premium SUV or a luxury sedan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.