Wiki Posts
Search

Avis website issues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Avis website issues

Anyone else having issues viewing and modifying previously created reservations on the new version of the Avis site? It constantly throws error messages or defaults back to the homes screen for me. Avis reps on the phone seem clueless about it all.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:54 pm

I can't even sign in on avis.com for the past a few hours. I also tried to call 1-800-230-4898 (then press 1 and then press 2), and was hung up for no reason for more than a dozen times.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
I use the Avis European sites. Same problem.

Originally Posted by mmoser2
Anyone else having issues viewing and modifying previously created reservations on the new version of the Avis site? It constantly throws error messages or defaults back to the homes screen for me. Avis reps on the phone seem clueless about it all.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:07 pm

Their whole computer system is down - I just returned a car at IAH and collected another from ATL and both locations were using paper.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:11 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
ugh, what a mess. Have to log out of preferred account to get a reservation to hold.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:01 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Whenever I try to make a reservation, it says the rate code requires an AWD. But I did put in an AWD and never put in a rate code. Tried many locations with many AWDs and no luck. Booked 3 from Hertz instead of dealing with it.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 6:58 pm

Have had troubles too. Think they are still de-bugging the new site design.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
The amount of issues they are having with the new site is downright embarrassing. Must not have done much beta testing before launch.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
"The rate code you entered requires an Avis World Wide Discount (AWD) number."

I'm getting the above message when I try to use anything but my personal corporate rate. It continues "Please go back and enter your AWD number or remove the rate code you entered." But I had no "rate code" entered, just an AWD.

Costco, AAA, AARP, hotel and airlines numbers (all of which I'm entitled to use) all give the same result! Has anyone run into this or found a work-around? (and how long has the new site been up - I haven't had to rent a car in a while)
Old Nov 11, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Make sure you are fully logged out before trying again, but AAA Avis? Uh...

Only login when you are at the booking rate summary page.

Rasheed
Old Nov 12, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
Can anyone get to their "past rentals" .. I can see them on the home page (all but my last one), but when I click to show them, all I see is "0" past rentals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.