Premium is the cheapest?

Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Premium is the cheapest?

I'm looking to rent a car for 8 days for my trip to Banff and Jasper in Alberta. I was going to book a Full Size or Intermediate car until I saw Premium is listed much cheaper than Full Size. How can this possibly be?

Are there any concerns for booking a Premium car?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: Airline free agent; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lordgii
How can this possibly be?
Simple supply and demand.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:40 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Just be sure the mileage is unlimited/the same on all.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 4:21 pm

It happens from time to time when a Avis location is severely under-booked for a certain class of vehicle. Look how cheap a luxury vehicle is at IAH (Houston) during 4th of July weekend.

Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've gotten lucky with this too, it was the case at DAL last month. Also, once at ATL mid-size SUVs were half the price of all cars.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by CMK10
I've gotten lucky with this too, it was the case at DAL last month. Also, once at ATL mid-size SUVs were half the price of all cars.
Same here. I normally book full-sized at MCO due to my company's great AWD. However, for this next trip, Avis was offering a Premium that was a good $5/day cheaper (unbelievable price).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.