Avis United Kingdom - OFFICIAL Flyer Talk Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:37 am
Company Representative, Avis UK
Original Poster

Avis United Kingdom - OFFICIAL Flyer Talk Thread

Hi Flyer Talk Community,

I'm Dan the OFFICIAL social media representative for Avis United Kingdom.

Was recommended by several forum members to open a thread.

So here we go!

If you have any queries, feedback, need assistance or looking for our best rates contact me here or on [email protected]

Thanks,

Dan
Avis Social Media

Last edited by AvisUK; Jan 26, 2016 at 9:08 am
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Welcome Dan!
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Welcome Dan!

Having dealt with the Avis Facebook team, I've always had courteous, professionnal and efficient exchanges, with generally a quick resolution of the queries and issues I had.

Glad to see a presence on Flyertalk as well!
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
Welcome Dan!
Much appreciated

Thanks, Dan
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by papyPiHi
Welcome Dan!

Having dealt with the Avis Facebook team, I've always had courteous, professionnal and efficient exchanges, with generally a quick resolution of the queries and issues I had.

Glad to see a presence on Flyertalk as well!
Thank you for the kind feedback

If you need any further assistance or booking quotes, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you again,

Dan
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:28 am

Hi Dan,

Maybe a silly question, but would you be able to know whether the new Renault Talisman will be incorporated into the Avis French vehicle fleet this year?

Have heard some good stuff about it, so I'm hoping to give it a try during one of my upcoming rentals
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Hi Dan,

Maybe a silly question, but would you be able to know whether the new Renault Talisman will be incorporated into the Avis French vehicle fleet this year?

Have heard some good stuff about it, so I'm hoping to give it a try during one of my upcoming rentals
I'll ask the French fleet management team for you. Should have an answer in the next few days.

Anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Dan
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Signature series in the US

Not an Avis UK question Dan, but perhaps you can help with this?

I'm curious re the 'Signature Series' in the US.
I always thought this was smilier to 'Select series' in the UK, but recently the usual "or smilier' has been added to the car descriptions on this fleet, so does that mean the car booked is no longer guaranteed, and if so what's the point of it?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum, it's good to see you here.

I do have a quick question, which you may be able to help with.

When I read the Avis UK loyalty page I saw the following:

"Hire with us five times or more (and spend €1,000) within a year and you reach Avis Preferred Plus. This means you get another a free weekend's rental, as well as a vehicle upgrade whenever available. Also, we waive the second driver fee and lay on priority car availability."

I hit Preferred Plus last October, but no voucher was forthcoming. I waited a decent interval then emailed CS about it and went back and forth with them a couple of times; sadly I got nothing but gobbledygook* back and have now given up expecting to get any sense out of them...

I know this is very much a First World Problem (!) but I just find it irritating as the statement on the web page seems pretty clear but no-one at Avis seems to want to own what is essentially a very basic query...

Can you help cut the Gordian Knot that is Avis CS ?

Thanks in advance

* By which I mean, whoever (or whatever !) replied to my emails clearly did not read what I wrote as their replies did not make any sense !!!

P.S. My experience with Avis is generally excellent when it comes to frontline staff, vehicles and billing. It's just the CS team who make me tear my hair out !!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by njf63
Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum, it's good to see you here.

I do have a quick question, which you may be able to help with.

When I read the Avis UK loyalty page I saw the following:

"Hire with us five times or more (and spend €1,000) within a year and you reach Avis Preferred Plus. This means you get another a free weekend's rental, as well as a vehicle upgrade whenever available. Also, we waive the second driver fee and lay on priority car availability."

I hit Preferred Plus last October, but no voucher was forthcoming. I waited a decent interval then emailed CS about it and went back and forth with them a couple of times; sadly I got nothing but gobbledygook* back and have now given up expecting to get any sense out of them...

I know this is very much a First World Problem (!) but I just find it irritating as the statement on the web page seems pretty clear but no-one at Avis seems to want to own what is essentially a very basic query...

Can you help cut the Gordian Knot that is Avis CS ?

Thanks in advance

* By which I mean, whoever (or whatever !) replied to my emails clearly did not read what I wrote as their replies did not make any sense !!!

P.S. My experience with Avis is generally excellent when it comes to frontline staff, vehicles and billing. It's just the CS team who make me tear my hair out !!
Hi Nfj63,

I asked the same question a few months ago, and the reply was that you get another free weekend rental after your third rental once you reach that tier, so in theory it would mean that:
1. Start at Preferred, rent 3 times-> Voucher
2. Move to Pref + in the same year, then rent 3 times ->voucher

Can't confirm this as my 3rd rental as a Pref + was one week after my membership anniversary, but I think this is what happens.
There was an e-mail back in August I think, highlighting this change, but cannot find it
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by AvisUK
I'll ask the French fleet management team for you. Should have an answer in the next few days.

Thanks,

Dan
Hi Dan,
Thanks, appreciate your help!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:31 am

Hi Nfj63,

I asked the same question a few months ago, and the reply was that you get another free weekend rental after your third rental once you reach that tier, so in theory it would mean that:
1. Start at Preferred, rent 3 times-> Voucher
2. Move to Pref + in the same year, then rent 3 times ->voucher

Can't confirm this as my 3rd rental as a Pref + was one week after my membership anniversary, but I think this is what happens.
There was an e-mail back in August I think, highlighting this change, but cannot find it
Interesting papyPiHi thanks.

I await Dan's comments
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
Hi Dan,

I'm Avis Presidents club level. My tier status expires in 11/16. Although I'm sure I will exceed 10 rentals and doubt my spend will exceed 2,000EUR. Do I conclude that my Presidents club status will not be renewed? Also is there any way of identifying via my online profile when my membership year commences?

Cheers
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:02 am

Well, as Dan hasn't been seen here for almost a week:

"Last Activity: Feb 8, 16 11:37 am"

I guess we shouldn't hold out too much hope for a speedy answer to any of our questions

Maybe his hire car broke down on the way to the office...
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
Not an Avis UK question Dan, but perhaps you can help with this?

I'm curious re the 'Signature Series' in the US.
I always thought this was smilier to 'Select series' in the UK, but recently the usual "or smilier' has been added to the car descriptions on this fleet, so does that mean the car booked is no longer guaranteed, and if so what's the point of it?
Great question!

The UK Select Series is still guaranteed make and model. So the car you choose, is the car you get ( New Avis UK Select Series 2016 Fleet coming soon...so stay tuned!!)

The USA Signature series has a 'or similiar' format.
For example if you choose the USA Group E Signature Series BMW X5, you will receive the BMW X5 or similar model. The similar models for this group include MERCEDES-BENZ ML350, INFINITI QX60 or LEXUS GX 460 in their fleet.
'Signature Series' means premium vehicles.

Thanks,

Dan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.