Wiki Posts
Search

Missed toll (Budget) in Chicago...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Missed toll (Budget) in Chicago...

Hi all-

I've been googling my situation and it gave me a headache... thought I'd see what y'all have to say. Here's my question/dilemma:

Rented car from Budget. Paid cash at all toll booths. Got lost and then was trapped in ONE exit that was cashless (I-Pass only). I wrote down the plaza number and went online to pay it (peeps are given 7 days to pay online).

I'm confused though because when paying online it makes you fill out information on the form for WHO the car is registered to, address, etc. I didn't know what to do. What info (and where would I get it?) do I put there? What would happen if I put MY info there? They go by the plate - seems like if the PLATE matches the one on their "naughty camera" then it ought to be cleared as paid with no notice going to anyone?? (hoping, here!)

I am (obviously) hoping to head off notification to BUDGET of the missed toll and getting hit with their "administrative rip-off" fee.

Any advice??
Thanks ---
Amy
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:57 pm

When you pay online it will ask if it was a rental vehicle (with a yes/no dropdown) at the bottom of the "Plate Owner Personal Information" page.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Hi JC - and thanks!
Yeah, I saw that dropdown box. Clicked "YES" hoping it would give me different options instead of entering WHO the plate registered to (such as name of rental car company, etc). I am hoping to head off the Budget administrative fee, so I paid the toll TWICE. lol I entered MY personal information in all the boxes and then clicked "rental car" at the bottom. Next screen just asks for credit card and poof you're done. So, after rooting around in rental car glove box and finding some kinda registration for the car, I paid the toll AGAIN entering the business name on the registration thingy. It seems odd that the I-Pass toll collection website doesn't allow COMPANY names... rather it ONLY allows a first and last name to be entered. ugh

Anyway, I'll see what happens. Dang toll has been paid (NOT happily). I'll try to remember to post a follow-up data point on the outcome in case anyone interested in the future!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.