SFO rental

Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:24 am
Original Poster

SFO rental

This will be my first rental with AVIS preferred as I have always used National, but after looking at prices Avis is considerably less for the time I am looking to book $277 for a premium ($340 with taxes), compared to National at $447 with taxes for midsize(with access to the executive isle). The website says I will be given a Chrysler 300 or similar, any recent rentals from SFO regarding what they normally have in stock? also how is the customer service? I like how I walk up to the car I want and drive away no hassle at all with national. But for a $100 difference is it worth it to change over?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Avis PP. Dropped UA*G.
If you book on the Avis website direct, you can walk up to a faster lane at SFO on the third floor of the rental centre and avoid queueing with the people who ordered via a partner website. At busy times this is useful, e.g. when a BA flight lands (BA partner with Avis so the queue is at those times full of several hundred Brits queueing for their flight+car package motors).

If you have Avis Preferred Plus you can go down one flight of stairs after arriving at the rental centre and go straight to a bay with your car waiting in it.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Avis at SFO is very easy to use, and the cars can be solid. They are usually great about swapping something out if you don't like what you've been assigned.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat, Avis First
I always have a lot of luck at SFO. I've been here just about every week this year and they've been great with giving me pick of the litter. Just ask for what you want and be nice. Helps when you're Avis First too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.