Wiki Posts
Search

Avis: One-way rental from SEA To YVR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Avis: One-way rental from SEA To YVR

Greetings fellow flyertalk guys.

I am planning my one month vacation, going korea to japan to seattle and vancouver and back home.

Change is I was going to use SEA as layover but now that thinking about it, I want to actually spend sometime to look around the Seattle while and drive the coast line to vancouver. But problem is one-way cost from SEA to YVR is as expansive as having a luxury car rent... was wondering any of you had a discount or promo code from anywhere... I do hold preferred and Amex Plat AWD... doesnt help me much on this event...

--- To help more as "IAHtraveler" suggests I will add my dates---

Sept 13: YEG-SFO-ICN
Oct 3: ICN-NRT
Oct 7: NRT-SEA

wishing to leave Seattle on oct 9.
One-way rental with cheapest I got was somewhere $250CAD everything included, cost of rental, tax, and so on... or is it cheaper to fly to YVR and rent from YVR then drive down SEA...? then comeback up when ready?

Last edited by ckwon0704; Aug 15, 2014 at 6:52 pm
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:05 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

How long are you looking at spending with the car? Maybe break it into 2 rentals: sea-sea for nearly the whole trip. Then 1 day sea-yvr. (Even add a yvr-yvr on the back end if you need a car there for any duration.)

If that's not an option, it will be helpful if you can post your dates, prices you found, etc and the gurus on here can look to help.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:35 pm

The issue is that the OP (where did his post go?) is renting in one country and dropping off in another. To get around that, rent the vehicle in Seattle and drop it off at Bellingham airport. You can then take the Quick Shuttle from BLI into Vancouver (http://www.quickcoach.com/). You could even use the car in Canada before returning it to BLI.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:38 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Both of the above are good suggestions.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:55 am

I did this last year with SEA - I ended up splitting the rentals into a one-day one way to get from SEA to YVR and then a longer term SEA to SEA rental for the main part of the trip. Worked well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.