Search

Full Size/Premium at SJC

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Budget Fastbreak
Full Size/Premium at SJC

Hi all,

First time posting here, but I have been following this awesome site for awhile.

I plan on renting a full size or premium in a few weeks (mid June) for the weekend (Thurs- Sun). What kind of car can I expect for Avis and Budget? And how does the upgrading work? Is it Full size> premium> luxury?

Thanks!
Old May 30, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
First off welcome to FT.

SJC is has a lot of SUVs. Thursday they get a lot of returns to if you come in the morning/afternoon your selection will be limited.

Full Size - Hyundai Sonata, KIA Optima, Chevy Impala(old model), Nissan Altima, VW Passat.

Premium - Chrysler 300, Volvo v60/s60, Chevy Impala(new model), VW CC, Ford Taurus.

You can always upgrade to luxury, for a fee, you just have to ask.
Old May 30, 2014, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

I just checked the rates for luxury and for some reason they are cheaper than premium. What kind of cars do they have in that class?
Old May 30, 2014, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jojoyo
I just checked the rates for luxury and for some reason they are cheaper than premium. What kind of cars do they have in that class?
Since you're in SJC why don't you call them or go look? Lots of Q50s in SJC.
Old May 30, 2014, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Oh really? I wasn't aware that they had Q50s in stock. It would be great it I could get one. Unfortunately, I live quite far from the airport
Old May 30, 2014, 11:25 pm

Yep, my friend just rented one there. Like others have said though, SJC is extremely SUV heavy. Not sure why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.