Wiki Posts
Search

BUF-YYZ One Way rental

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
BUF-YYZ One Way rental

I will be arriving at BUF and will need to get back to YYZ. looked at the shuttle, and bus schedules, they suck as I will be arriving in BUF around midnight.
I priced a rental, pick up BUF, Drop YYZ. the next day. The taxes and fees did not mention a drop charge, but came to about 3 x what I would normally pay for one day rental. Not horrible. Big question is can I take a US plated car into Canada and drop it there. I am a Cdn citizen. The web site quoted the rental, and allowed the reservation but that may not mean anything in real life. Who knows they may end up renting me a Canadian plated car so it would work out fine for both of us.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
hope it works out for you. IF NOT then Megabus has a bus to Toronto from the airport at around 8:00 AM and from buffalo downtown at 3:00 am

Greyhound has similar service

Poor alternative but it is a backup plan
Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:16 am

Yes, a CDN can drive a US plated vehicle into Canada. The law was changed by the Canadian Gov't in the spring of 2012.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/mediaroom/re...h048e-6704.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.